Thread: Help!

Currahee Performance pilot_bandit's Avatar

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Help!

Ok so I have a 2002 Trans Am WS6 and the temp gauge is going down to zero even at running temp and the car floods and dies. Have replaced temp sensor and it was suggested to me that it could be an electrical problem. Any suggestions??? I had to miss out on street fights tonight where I was gonna run my TWELVES! lol Please any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks

Sounds like an ECT sensor connector/wiring issue to me too. If the connector looks OK I'd follow the wires all the way back to the PCM. Dunno though, your car doesn't sound like it's stock by your sig. Should be throwing a code.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I hate to sound dumb and I know this is going to but ECT? Not sure what that is. It does have a check engine light and Ive been having issues with rear o2 sims but I think I have solved that. I borrowed a scan tool and I am going to scan it tonight and see if any new codes pop up. I checked ECM and found no bare wires or loose connections. Ive had the mods for this car on it for two years trouble free so I have to think it may be just a sensor or connection somewhere. Anyway whats the ECT?

ECT is Engine Coolant Temperature sensor - in the drivers side head by cyl #1. The PCM uses it's temp readings to decide what to do, and also supplies information to the temp gauge.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Yeah I replaced that this morning so I guess I get to do I little wire tracing. It had no effect. Still did the same thing. Any other sensor maybe? I started thinking ignition switch but all gauges would probably be affected by that.

Without looking it up believe that's the only sensor that supplies information through the PCM to the temp gauge - see what codes it's throwing when you scan it then look them up at gearchatter.com

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Hey found the problem and was a bad ETC pigtail. Fixed it and runs GREAT! Thanks for the help

Life's short, drive FAST 2kbluws6's Avatar

Blue
    2000 Pontiac WS6

that is exactly what i was gonna tell you...i had the exact same problem. I was poking around with it running checking all the connections and found it by bumping the wires going to the sensor. i wiggled them and the car spuddered. i bought a new pigtail and installed it...problem solved.

Sorry its a few days late, but congrats!!

Tim

Thread Information