Thread: help

red
    2002 camaroz28

Angry help

i need help , i hear a ticking sound coming from my driver side, it only happens, when i get on it, i here a little, when it is parked, and ideliling, could it be a rocker, i have good oil presser, and when i drive down the highway, i cant here it untill i give it gas, 2002 camaro, 6speed, 40,000 miles. thanks

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Sounds like a valve train issue for sure. Do you have good compression?
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Man, I know I like to over simplify things but I would look for an exhaust leak first. Check the air tube gaskets and things like that. I always start with the easiest and cheapest fix and work my way up from there. Guess I'm just cheap.

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

No I think you just work with the philisophy of working smart not harder.

The other simply thing it could be is a bad spark plug wire, if they are arcing against something they can do exactly what you are describing. Easiest way to check that is to pop the hood in the dark while its running. You'll see it if that is the problem.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Couple be a lot of things but yes, work smart not hard. Check for exhaust leaks first, all your egr and air gaskets for leaks and check your bolts on your header manifold. If they're all tight, the worst, it's a blown header gasket. If it is that, just unbolt your headers and bull the gaskets out and if you see black on the gasket perimeter then you need new ones. The other is a bad wire and that can be checked in the dark as well. The last thing could be a loose rocker or a bent pushrod. It's easy to change a pushrod or a rocker, just take off your coil bracket and your vacuum and breather lines then unbolt the center bolts. Make sure your car is at TDC, check your rockers for play and if they're all at about 22 ft lbs, then check your pushrods. I can check the order the rockers need to be torqued, I had a GM shop manual for f-bodies so if you get to that point, shoot me a PM.

red
    2002 camaroz28

thanks for all your guys help. i will cheak on it this weekend, thanks for being here, for me.

Thread Information