Thread: Help!

mcneilb

Help!

Ahh, got yall. Made yall think i did something to my LS1. lol
    I need some help with a schoool project. I need the new technologys that the LS1 uses over all the other engine. What makes this engine so great, why the ford guys need a turbo just to keep up. All that good jazz.

My dad owns a 2000 Camaro, silver, covertable, with the LS1, and hes giving me a lot of information already, i would just like to hear more from yall.

Your Help would be greatly apprechiated.
    Thanks
    Brandon McNeil
    mcneilb@student.ednet.ns.ca

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Here's a real hard one.........Google search the ls1 engine!

mcneilb
    Quote Originally Posted by rbob93
    Here's a real hard one.........Google search the ls1 engine!

I did doorknob. I was just wanting to hear some good stuff from yall. I would like to think yall would know abit more about the engines then, check out google.

Black
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

The basic design is a simple SBC pushrod setup.

One big factor is that the fuel injectors are SFI and they're aimed directly at the intake valve.

Good intake setup, heads and roller tip rockers are some worth noting.

There's no replacement for displacement! 5.7L

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by mcneilb
    I did doorknob. I was just wanting to hear some good stuff from yall. I would like to think yall would know abit more about the engines then, check out google.
    Had you taken the time to read at least this article, you would have found plenty of good information that you could use.

http://www.idavette.net/hib/ls1c.html

You stated you needed this for a school project. Never said how much time you had to kill, so I gave you actual search words to use.

There's plenty out there that you can get immediately instead of waiting for answers to questions you could have already read, the above link is well written, not to mention bibliography and links to more articles "doorknob."

Have a nice day!
    Last edited by rbob93; 03-31-2006 at 05:58 AM.

mcneilb
    Quote Originally Posted by rbob93
    Had you taken the time to read at least this article, you would have found plenty of good information that you could use.

You stated you needed this for a school project. Never said how much time you had to kill, so I gave you actual search words to use.

There's plenty out there that you can get immediately instead of waiting for answers to questions you could have already read, the above link is well written, not to mention bibliography and links to more articles "doorknob."

Have a nice day!
    Read it, got as much info as i could. I want to know what parts you could put to make it better. NOS, Intake, Smooth Belows, Super Charger, Turbo, shit like that. Iv got alot of info as it is. I just want to know more about extra parts. Whats the max horse power this engine can run with everything upgraded. SHit like that.

Black
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Read it, got as much info as i could. I want to know what parts you could put to make it better. NOS, Intake, Smooth Belows, Super Charger, Turbo, shit like that. Iv got alot of info as it is. I just want to know more about extra parts. Whats the max horse power this engine can run with everything upgraded. SHit like that.
    The stock LS1 engine has 6 bolt mains, it can handle aprox 600hp before the bottom end needs to be modified.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

OK, I see you went from what are the new technologies of the LS1 engine, and what makes it different, to; "How do I create a fire breathing LS1 engine." Gotcha!

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361959

mcneilb
    Thanks. Thats exactly what i was looking for.

Thread Information