pewter

Hello IM a newbie here and need help..what else lol

I have a 2001 ram air trans am the clutch is bad and probably the slave cylinder as well.I mention this only because it may have something to do with the real problem that's why IM here asking..I have had an obd 2 hooked to this car and a lap top with a gm program on it and it shows no codes what so ever when and I say when the car starts.. it just turns over and over and over and over and over get the point..haha..I jumped the car one time and it started first time so I thought ok maybe the battery is not a strong enough battery so went and bought a super battery still the same problem..Now if you keep trying it will eventually start if your lucky and then it runs perfect no issues good oil pressure everything is perfectly fine ..from the radio ant. to the abs brakes work ...so can anyone tell me what he heck is going on with this crazy car..lol..any help would be appreciated cause im on loose ends here..haha..thanks Troy

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome! Possibly a dirty throttle body, fuel pressure issue, or you have an electrical problem.

black99, silverY2K
    1999 z28 & Y2K z28

My Y2K Z won't start either. I ran it in fall and if coughed and stumbled and backfired. It ran, but it ran like $h!t. I thought it was because the battery was junk( had to put it on a charger but it would'nt hold). Yesterday I bought a new yellow top at the local parts house. Car turned over like crazy but not even a pop. I can hear the fuel pump running. I also added fresh 91 octane because the gauge was on E. Still nothing. I think I have an Ls1 edit some ware that I bought for the 99 but never used. Will the Ls1 edit give me a code as to what is wrong. I have never used one so I am in the dark.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Are you letting the car sit for long periods of time without cranking the car? like winter season or so? You could have some bad gas.

When is the last time you replaced the fuel filter? if the filter is partially clogged it can cause low fuel pressure.

are you able to get your fuel pressure?
    Like mentioned before check and clean your TB.

black99, silverY2K
    1999 z28 & Y2K z28

The gas is fresh 91. I have'nt looked at the filter or checked pressure. Sound like I will be doing both.

Thread Information