Navy Blue
    1999 Z28 LS1

Headlight Switch

I was wondering if there is any way to put a switch to manually overide my headlights in my 99 Z28. i have a kenwood 7in flip out dvd player and when i got out cruzin or hangin out some gurls always like to watch a movie or somethin. and i leave the car runnin so the bat dont go dead but i have to cut the car off pull the e brake and turn it back on for the headlights to go off. in my friends gmc sonoma he has a switch just like the one in the camaro but it has a button and u push it three times and the headlights go out with out cuttin the truck off. does anyone kno if one of those will fit and if so how to wire it up or kno of a way to put a switch in.

if this is in the wrong place then sorry

thanks alot
    Daniel

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueLS1 View Post
    I was wondering if there is any way to put a switch to manually overide my headlights in my 99 Z28. i have a kenwood 7in flip out dvd player and when i got out cruzin or hangin out some gurls always like to watch a movie or somethin. and i leave the car runnin so the bat dont go dead but i have to cut the car off pull the e brake and turn it back on for the headlights to go off. in my friends gmc sonoma he has a switch just like the one in the camaro but it has a button and u push it three times and the headlights go out with out cuttin the truck off. does anyone kno if one of those will fit and if so how to wire it up or kno of a way to put a switch in.

if this is in the wrong place then sorry

thanks alot
    Daniel
    can be done..i have heard about it quite alot. look for overriding Daytime driving lights

Navy Blue
    1999 Z28 LS1

i know theres a way to get rid of them but im wanting to keep the automatic lights and just have a switch that i can turn them off and flip it back on and they work like stock. and im talkin about the headlights at nite not the daytime running lights

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueLS1 View Post
    i know theres a way to get rid of them but im wanting to keep the automatic lights and just have a switch that i can turn them off and flip it back on and they work like stock. and im talkin about the headlights at nite not the daytime running lights
    yea i know..you need to have a relay i think or something like that. they will talk about it in the posts.

Thread Information