Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Headlight Front Bumper Question

Is there supposed to be about a 1/4 inch or so gap between the bottom of the head lights to the front bumper cover?

here is my best description, I can stick my fingers in the gap between the bottom of the head lights and the front bumper cover. There is enough room to just about touch the turn light bulb connection housing. I can try and get pics tomorrow.

the reason I ask is it would seem that plenty of water has every chance to drip down on top of the turn lights when it rains. I eat through more passenger side turn signal lights than i can count.

thanks

kool-aide

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

my car has about enough room were i can put my finger into it if i really push my finger in there...

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

thanks. i wasn't sure if this was normal and since i blow so many turn bulbs i thought i would ask. the last one i pulled had a big chunk of glass missing and it was all cloudy white, not burnt or black.

so i just make right turns with no signal to save on the bulbs, lol. one of these days i'm going to get pulled over for illegal lane changes.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Sounds more like water is getting in some other way, the turn signal housing is supposed to be sealed even if water is hitting it from the back.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

maybe. My original signal was broken in the rear corner. the previous owner had some kind of skid accident.

i replaced the turn signal several weeks back with another used in good condition one.

well when i bought the car the passenger fog light pointed pretty far to the outside. i found the upper bracket was bent pretty bad. i fixed that a long time ago, well as best i could.

today i took the head light out and noticed another bent bracket. it's the one that attaches from the frame to the lower inside big giant head light bracket. i tried my best to straighten it out. while i had things loose i tugged here and there. what was happening was the head light was pushed inward toward the nose. that is what created the huge gap near the nose.

well tugging here and there and banging out the bent bracket made a huge difference. i went from a scary 1/4 inch or so gap to almost zero like the drivers side. i noticed both sides have a big gap on the outside out by the fender. i got the passenger side like 99% match to the drivers side.

maybe this will help save a few turn signal bulbs.

man what ever the previous owner did must have been some fun scary change your shorts excitement. its a one owner car, besides me, so there is no point the finger down the line blame. i wish i could have heard the story, lol.

Thread Information