Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Have SD tune but help on what coupler to use

I hope FBJ sees this as well as others,

I'm now running a SD tune on the 403 with a FAST TOYS 104mm lid. The coupler I got does not want to work with me at all. It's suppose to be flexable but it's not. It will fit in the 104 airlid and over the 102mm TB fine, just then I go to hook them up to the bottom tray of the airlid it pops out the lid.

Will suggested heating it up to soften it so I can make it bend which I'll try tomorrow. In the mean time looking for other options in case it doesn't work.

How did you do your SD setup FBJ/Orion?
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 05-08-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic

Have SD tune but help on what coupler to use

I think this will work.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 05-09-2015 at 08:03 AM.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Lowe's?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I haven't gotten that far along scott......I still just have the maf in there. At some point though I'll just get a silicone hose although one of the reasons I haven't done that yet is this very thread. You really need something that is either very flexible or has a bend in it. I've just never been in a hurry to do it because my maf is descreened so it's not like it's a restriction really.

I used couplers at Home Depot, very easy. I think for the section of pipe I used something I had here at the shop. Can't remember what it was and my wife has the car at work so I can't look at the moment.

But you're dealing with big ass lids and throttle bodies it appears. I have stock sized stuff so it was a piece of cake. Sounds like you'll be experimenting a bit.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Lowe's?
    Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I haven't gotten that far along scott......I still just have the maf in there. At some point though I'll just get a silicone hose although one of the reasons I haven't done that yet is this very thread. You really need something that is either very flexible or has a bend in it. I've just never been in a hurry to do it because my maf is descreened so it's not like it's a restriction really.
    I think my major issue is that I'm trying to use the WS6 airlid tray. I'm thinking it will work with the coupler I have if I swap back over to the stock tray. It sits an inch lower. And the angle becomes null.

Well my fuel pump & wire harness is taking priority. Can run with out fuel....I took it out for a Sonic Cruise on Sat, everything was running great till I'm about to pull into my sub-division and then it dies. No fuel pressure at the rails. I thought it might have been a clogged filter, swapped it out and still no pressure. The relay is not "clicking" like it used to and neither is the fuel pump engaging. Looking for a local source for the relay, don't want to wait 5 days for them to send me a $10 relay.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

did you check your grounds really well? I had some trouble getting mine to ground.....had to hit the frame with a grinder.

Navy Blue Metallic

Yes, I did the same thing....

I think I found a replacement relay. Is there a way to test one? Correction does anyone here know how to?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I don't remember because it was longer than 10 minutes ago which seems to be about the sweet spot for my memory these days but does the relay have a diagram on it? Should be able to figure out which pins are hot when and then just stick a meter on there and make sure you have voltage coming out when the pump should be on.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Not sure if it is a four or five prong relay, but simply Google "relay diagram" to do an image search and you will see schematics. Two prongs supply power and ground to energize the relay, one prong is your supply power to the pump and the remaining prong is your pass through power to the pump when energized. You should be able to jumper it using your battery and hear it click.

Navy Blue Metallic

It's a 4 prong. 280-ISO, 12V, 40amp SDST relay. I found one, that should work. I'll try tonight. Wanted to last night but got caught up in frustration on working on my sons Grand Prix. Trying to replace the evap core.

Thread Information