Thread: Gto 2006

Black
    2006 GTO

Gto 2006

Hello everyone and thank u for you time and help I have a 2006 GTO haven't driven it in a year motor messed up has loud tapping and loss of power but now I am financially stable and am getting ready to place 454 lsx here is a few things I have listed if you have any suggestions please feel free to place comments and suggestions open to all.

Name of Car: Onyx
    Car Club Name: MisFits
    Performance
    • LSX 454 motor (and attachments)
    • Aftermarket Headers
    • LSX fuel rails
    • LSX 102mm Intake Manifold
    • F-1 pro-charger
    • 102mm throttle body
    • Performance chip
    • Brambo Brakes (Powder coat calipers white)
    • Lowering kit (powder coat suspension white)
    • Street slicks
    • Nitrous bottle (Powder coat bottle white)
    • Bigger Rear-end
    • Bigger clutch
    • Electric cut-out
    Last edited by Deven02; 10-07-2014 at 11:54 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you'll need drag bags and while you're addressing the suspension I would just do a pedders kit all the way around. Subframe connectors would be on my list too.

Black
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    you'll need drag bags and while you're addressing the suspension I would just do a pedders kit all the way around. Subframe connectors would be on my list too.
    drag bags? what's a pedders kit? subframes would be a must thank u for that.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks like a nice list. You'll want to upgrade the fuel supply as well with a Racetronix or other performance pump setup and appropriately sized injectors. Performance chip is a waste of $$ and would not accommodate your modifications -- you need a dyno tune with that combo.

Black
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Looks like a nice list. You'll want to upgrade the fuel supply as well with a Racetronix or other performance pump setup and appropriately sized injectors. Performance chip is a waste of $$ and would not accommodate your modifications -- you need a dyno tune with that combo.
    is there a kit or setup you would recommend? why would a chip be a waste I am not a expert so I do not know everything so please excuse me if it may seem I ask silly questions lol.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Chips are old technology -- from the 1980's. Modern PCM's or ECU's (same thing) can be tuned utilizing the appropriate software and a lap top computer. The chips they sell these days simply feed false data to the PCM to alter the fueling or spark advance in an attempt to increase power.

Black
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Chips are old technology -- from the 1980's. Modern PCM's or ECU's (same thing) can be tuned utilizing the appropriate software and a lap top computer. The chips they sell these days simply feed false data to the PCM to alter the fueling or spark advance in an attempt to increase power.
    so what your saying is if I were to buy a chip and then tune the car I wasted money on the chip because that is the same thing as a tune?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Correct, plus chips can't factor in all the variables that a tuner can with HPtuners or other similar software.

Black
    2006 GTO

that is great to know I appreciate that very much I love car I love my GTO always loved Pontiac and I am trying to become as knowledgeable as I can.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Sounds like a nice build. Keep us updated.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Deven02 View Post
    so what your saying is if I were to buy a chip and then tune the car I wasted money on the chip because that is the same thing as a tune?
    It really is not the same thing at all. There is no "chip" in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) on our cars. My 80's G-bodies have chips in their ECU's that can be replaced with custom chips. Tuning those cars is accomplished by burning a new chip and installing it in place of the old one. The so-called "chips" for our late model GM's are generally handheld programmers that contain a canned tune, such as Hypertech, Diablo and the like. The other variety is a plug in module that intercepts engine sensor output and modifies it in some fashion to lie to the PCM and trick it into altering the fueling or timing. Handheld programmers do allow you to make certain changes on your own, such as updating your gear ratio if you swap out the rear and simple stuff like that. The real tuning is accomplished with software such as HP Tuners or EFI Live.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Gto 2006

i didn't see if you are m6 or a4?
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Plus your talking a 454 lsx going in a gto. Not to mention a F1 supercharger. You couldn't buy a chip to make that work correctly. It has to be custom tuned.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

If you look up LSx 454 GTO on YouTube, there are vids of tuners adjusting every parameter in the ECM. Larger cube LSX motors are completely different animals than factory.

Thread Information