Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Friends Formula having performance issues please help

Ok so for a while now my freinds formula has been have hesitation and bogging issues at the track and also on occasion gets a random/multiple misfire code. He does not always get the code when his car hesitates and its to the point that his car runs anywhere between high 12s to low 15s at the track. He has the 400hp SLP performance pack that came with the SLP MAF, LTs, LM 2, 1.8 roller rockers, smooth bellow and lid. Any input on things to check would be greatly appreciated.

I believe he has already done plugs and wires, but no coil. Another freind thinks there may be a vacuum leak or crack in the intake manifold but everything is just guesswork right now. Anyone else experience this problem first hand?? When it runs good it is an extremely strong LS1. 326rwhp bonestock and 378rwhp as it sits right now.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

if he still has his stock MAF. swap it out and see what happens. i've seen where the SLP MAF has caused over rich conditions.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I agree,..try the stock maf first. I had a Gmaf that mad my car pissy.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I had a simular issue...On the back of the drivers side head, there's a ground wire conection that may have broke... You can see it with a mirror. I got some strange codes and my ets were all over the place. Good Luck, Bill

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    if he still has his stock MAF. swap it out and see what happens. i've seen where the SLP MAF has caused over rich conditions.
    sorry i should have stated this before. It happens with both MAFs. His car also got a street tune done the other day and leaned out the car alot and eliminated his Torque Management, O2 codes and a few other things. Happened before and after tune. After I got to reading I remembered my car was having hesitation problems a while back and I could pump the car and get through it which may be his problem and i just had to replace the fuel filter and run injector cleaner through it. so we will try that today. I would still like ideas though in case that doesnt work. thanks everyone

Thread Information