Thread: Fog Lights

RYAN R

Question Fog Lights

Hey How Ya Doing? I Want To Replace My Fog Lights With Some Aftermarket Ones, Which Ones Should I Get. I Remember Someone Telling Me That They Carry Them At Autozones But I Can't Remember Which Ones AND I DONT'T KNOW HOW GOOD THEY WOULD BE.

BlackHawk T/A
    Cyberwhites or...can't think of the other one.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Go to Walmart and get Cyber whites or if you wanna do what I did use PIAA 510's. Cyberwhites are just as good as the PIAA's and they make a hell of a difference. But this is for a Trans Am right? If it's for a Camaro you have to find the right size housings and I don't remember which one's they were

RYAN R
    no its for a 98 camaro z28.

tan
    2002 Camaro

Not sure if a 98 camaro has the same set up as the 2002...but for the 2002 if you get the Hella Micro DE fog lights they are very close to the originals in terms of mounting (and higher quality). They will fit into the stock brackets and be in the right position relative to the hole. The only difference is you have to manually aim them...the stock units have an aiming screw...the Hella's don't...so you have to get the right elevation tilt and then just tighten the pivot screws. You can get the brackets out with a few bolts if you want to make the install easier.

They take a 55 watt H3 which is more watts than the stock unit (i think the stock bulb is 30 something) and the optics are good. You might want to put a higher guage wire in to handle the extra current, or you could just use the stock wiring and hope for the best. (in theory the stock wires should handle it but I put a relay off the battery and some thicker wires just to be safe).

Sebring Silver
    98 Z28

PIAA 1100X they bolt into the stock brackets and myself and everyone i know think they are bright as sh!t in fact they are about 30 % brighter and alot whiter than my sylvania silverstars in my headlights

Sebring Silver
    98 Z28

man i can't believe my or all the ls1 accounts were lost i really liked mine & 1200 posts too uggggh! this is my first post since......Grrrrrr.....sorry just venting

RYAN R

Fog Lights

Were Can I Get Or Were Can I Order The Piaa 1100x Fog Lights

LSLurker
    hate fog lights

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

Quote Originally Posted by RYAN R
    Were Can I Get Or Were Can I Order The Piaa 1100x Fog Lights
    Why Do You Keep Typing Like This?

Sebring Silver
    98 Z28

just do a search, i got them on ebay, get extra bulbs though. i will thoroughly attest that they are the brightest little friggin things out there(PIAA 1100x) the only way to go brighter is to go true HID. they are totally brighter than my silverstars by like 30% easily they light up the road for like 1/3 mile easilly(like reflectable objects it's unbelievable and they will spot a cop from very far away like 4 times the distance of my headlights....they are brighter than my 80w plasma high beams, just mount the switch in an easily accessible place so u can turn off them quickly for oncoming traffic. on a dimly lit street that is 2 lane u will totally blind someone. once again, do this mod.!!! it totally changed the night time driving experience and is one of the best mods that i have ever done. you will agree when u get them on there. those autostore/walmart lights pale in comparison..........just friggin get em dammit!!! thank me later. email me if u want more details on my install...sorry no pics though

Thread Information