Thread: few questions.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Question few questions.

so, i have a few questions.

1st. does anyone else have a problem w/their bright light "switch" sticking when they turn them on? my car is doing the same thing as my other '99 camaro.
    after i turn my brights on, it takes atleast 5- 10 times of me flippin the "switch" before it goes back to just my dims. any ideas/suggestions?

2nd. is anybody else running Firestone Firehawk tires? if so, how are they in the rain? mine are horrible. i just got back home, its pouring outside, and when i driving sometimes my car will start hydroplaning. scares the hell outta me. my back end gets sideways and i start fishtailing. of course i let off gas and correct the steering and them im back to normal. and its not like im hauling ass. majority of time its when im on the highway, going between 45mpg to 55mp.

3rd, and final one lol. my tach just suddenly stopped working. also, while on my way home, i stopped and ran into a gas station(left my car running). when i came back out and pulled out of the gas station, i noticed my tach stopped working. the gas station is literally right up the rode from my neighborhood. so when i got home, i shut off and restart my car to see if it would work then, but nothing. stays below "0". any thoughs/suggestions/ideas?

thanks

black
    2002 WS6

Possible answers

1) most likely the switch inside the colum is toast.
    2) Welcome to world of high performance tires and wide tread area. You will get that with most performance oriented tire.
    3) most likely a fuse or broken wire

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    Possible answers

1) most likely the switch inside the colum is toast.
    2) Welcome to world of high performance tires and wide tread area. You will get that with most performance oriented tire.3) most likely a fuse or broken wire
    it hasnt always done it. i noticed it about 2-3 months ago. ive had these tires for almost 2 years. their is still plenty of tread left on them.

thanks for replies

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

i had those tires on my 92 camaro z28 they were really bad about hydroplaining, more than normal anyways.

My current tires on my 2000 ss arent near as bad about it. still do it occasionally

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

My friends dad has those on his c4 and in rain he can just about spin at idle. They are horrible.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

the cooper tires I had drove like crap in the rain...........bought some cheaper Riken Raptors and they do great in the rain

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

well, jus got back from getting my lil girl donuts and my tach is working now. so thats good. as far as the "bright" switch, im not too worried about it( i never use them). i was just curious to see if anyone else encounters this problem on their f-body. kinda glad to hear about the tires, that its not just my set.

Thread Information