Pewter
    2000 Camaro

Arrow A few LS1 swap questions?!?!?!?!?

1. I had a 3.8L 3800 II v6 in my camaro and it had electric throttle body and I am swapping an LS1 in and the throttle body is cable accuated. So would this work.....Buy a LSX throttle body that is electrically driven and add this to the wiring harness: http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=743

2. If that isn't possible, how hard is it to add a throttle cable to the pedal through the firewall and all the other shit on the engine bay side of it then to the engine?

AND 3. What is the difference in radiator or coolant hoses between a 3.8L 3800 II v6 engine and an LS1?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by COJO_24 View Post
    1. I had a 3.8L 3800 II v6 in my camaro and it had electric throttle body and I am swapping an LS1 in and the throttle body is cable accuated. So would this work.....Buy a LSX throttle body that is electrically driven and add this to the wiring harness: http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=743

2. If that isn't possible, how hard is it to add a throttle cable to the pedal through the firewall and all the other shit on the engine bay side of it then to the engine?[/QUOTE]

AND 3. What is the difference in radiator or coolant hoses between a 3.8L 3800 II v6 engine and an LS1?[/QUOTE]

I would go with an LS1 radiator anyway, even if all the hoses line up. The LS1 will need a larger radiator anyway. You might even want to upgrade the cooling fans too, not sure if they are the same.

Thanks in advance for the help!!![/QUOTE]

There should be a hole already there, probably has a plug. If you can find a gas pedal and cable from a junker it would make it easier.

I would go with an LS1 radiator anyway, even if all the hoses line up. The LS1 will need a larger radiator anyway. You might even want to upgrade the cooling fans too, not sure if they are the same.

Thread Information