Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Exhaust help 1999 trans am

Hello all I have a 1999 Trans Am (auto) I just picked up with 60k on it and I am tired of how quiet it is. I purchased a set of Pacesetter ceramic coated longtubes with matching Y pipe from ebay Speed inc. But I need help deciding which catback system to go with for power and sound a lot of guys have recommended the loud moth or magnaflow but not sure.any help would be appreciated and one last thing I noticed the new headers have the O2 sensor bungs welded in but the Y pipe doesnt what am I suppose to do as far as the back two O2 sensors are concerned weld in bungs or ?. New to the whole Ls1 thing long time ford guy recently converted so thanks guys and gals

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by brian r View Post
    Hello all I have a 1999 Trans Am (auto) I just picked up with 60k on it and I am tired of how quiet it is. I purchased a set of Pacesetter ceramic coated longtubes with matching Y pipe from ebay Speed inc. But I need help deciding which catback system to go with for power and sound a lot of guys have recommended the loud moth or magnaflow but not sure.any help would be appreciated and one last thing I noticed the new headers have the O2 sensor bungs welded in but the Y pipe doesnt what am I suppose to do as far as the back two O2 sensors are concerned weld in bungs or ?. New to the whole Ls1 thing long time ford guy recently converted so thanks guys and gals
    If you are not running cats you don't have to worry about the back 02 sensors. They can be tuned out.
    For the catback system check out ls1sounds.com for some info
    FWIW I have a LM1 with headers and a ORY it was cool at first but it gets raspier everytime I drive it. I am now looking at a different muffler

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah, the loudmouth is going to be pretty damn loud. Magnaflow is very popular. Leave the cats off and get the codes removed with tuning.

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

thanks for the replies, now just gotta figure which one to get

Thread Information