taupe metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Engne turns but no go

I am the original owner of a 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 with 12,000 miles. I have not made any modifications to the engine. I was moving the car in and out of the garage while working on lawnmowers, all of a sudden, it won’t start. I checked all the under hood fuses and relays, all checked out. The car started. While letting it run, I made sure all fuses and relays were seated. Shut off the car, and then it would not start. I have checked to see if I could duplicate the start, by pulling the fuses and relays and leaving them not fully seated no go. However, I don’t know if this has anything to do with my non start. The battery has been checked out, and I have 50 to 55 psi at the fuel rail. . I have an old Auto X-ray with a generic OBDII connector, and it shows no MIL set, and no engine codes. (The auto x-ray works for my ’96 Sonoma with OBDII) I checked the pink wire at the coils and it is nowhere near battery voltage. Is it a loose wire? Do I have to trace a short? Would not a bad PCM set a code? All the lights and bells come on inside and the engine turns over. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Did the security light come on or start blinking? Just a guess but it sounds like your PASS II is going out....do a search on it and you'll find more posts on the subject.

taupe metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Security light does not come on, and checked at the terminal under the dash today and got proper (key) resistance reading.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

If it cranks then that eliminates alot of issues, if the pass key was goin out it wouldnt even crank. If you say that your getting fuel to your rail then pump is good. I would check and recheck all fuses and relays, visualy and with a multimeter just to make sure. Sounds like you got a bad connection somewhere around your fuse box bc you said you played with them and then it started?
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Need to see if you are getting spark when it won't start. You need both fuel pressure and spark,I'm sure you've got compression still. Also,did you have the fuel pressure when it would'nt start,or after it ran? Fuel pumps can work intermittently. No spark? You could have issues with the crank sensor for example. I'm leaning more toward the fuel pump intermittent failure,it doesn't set codes.

Thread Information