silver
    2002 z28

dtc--po430 po431

Since wife started . driving lightfoot--these dtc codes keep coming up.erase them couple days they are back. cat bank 1 cat bank2. .chevy ser. department says need new catalytic converters ,cause by running borla exhaust since 02.any cheaper ideas. tommy

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Cheaper??? How about free?? Maybe your car falls into this extended warranty? There is a GM special policy that extended the cat converter warranty to 10 years/120,000 miles.
    Refer to this thread for more info.

silver
    2002 z28

I will copy and take to dealership .Service advisor already said warranty expired. will take to manager and see what happens. Good things don,t usually come my way ,If this comes thru. I: going to start buying lottery tickets .Thanks Tommy

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Most service advisors and service managers don't know about this extended policy. All should have to do is show them and watch for the "ah hah" moment on their face

black
    2000 Firebird ws6

Okay so I bought a 2000 firebird Ws6 with 30,000 miles on it a little over a year ago. In the last month I replaced the muffler, the plugs and wires, air filter with a Spectre air filter, deleted the stock crap air boxand put a lid on, and bought the flashpaq programmer. I just hit 40,000 miles on it. Now the other day I got the PO 430 code. Anyone know if anything I changed could cause this code? And is it just best to replace the cat?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Cat efficiency codes mandate a cat replacement. Some here will suggest going longtube headers with or without cats and a retune if you go catless.

red
    2002 z/28

there is a way around it. go to a local parts store and purchase 2 18mm spark plug non foulers. drill the center to 9/16 carefully as there wont be much material left around the threads. screw your downstream O2 sensor into the drilled fouler then screw the fouler/O2 sensor into the downstream O2 hole. sounds crazy but works everytime. cost you a few bucks.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

Just delete the cats....that's what i did...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

how into the car are you? Is it a hobby or a mode of transportation? If it's a hobby I would put headers and get a tune. If it's a mode of transportation then I would replace the cat.

Thread Information