Thread: DTC Code P1416

Red
    2001 Z28

Angry DTC Code P1416

Well I'm now in the SES light club. My code is P1416 which I know has to do with the air pump system. I have an ALLDATA read out that out lines some checks. Part of the check says to enable the air pump with the scan tool but I don,t know how to do that. I did jump the air pump and it does work. I may throw a Air Injection Control Valve at it but that's not really good tech work, poke and hope! My 01 Z28 runs fine but I HATE THAT LIGHT!! Any Help??

white
    1998 z28 vert

I've been chasing the p01410 for 4 weeks now. I replaced both air check valves and the code came back and I got the p01416 code as well (right side air check valve). Got another valve replaced it ,pulled all the hoses out to check for any leak, checked the air pump and it was working. Drove the car and the code came back. Pulled the relay for the air pump and switched it with the one next to it. I got over 200 mile on it now and there are no codes. The relay worked fine when it was cold but stopped working when it got hot. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by 2KN1Z28
    Well I'm now in the SES light club. My code is P1416 which I know has to do with the air pump system. I have an ALLDATA read out that out lines some checks. Part of the check says to enable the air pump with the scan tool but I don,t know how to do that. I did jump the air pump and it does work. I may throw a Air Injection Control Valve at it but that's not really good tech work, poke and hope! My 01 Z28 runs fine but I HATE THAT LIGHT!! Any Help??
    don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.replace both air injection check valves and nomo light.the reason i say change both is one has gone bad,the other is going to go bad soon.then you will get a p1415 code come up.

Red
    2001 Z28

Hey VERT, and YO MOMMA, Thanks for the replys, I'm going to try the relay first (that would be sweet) Then the check valves. I'll let you know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 2KN1Z28
    Hey VERT, and YO MOMMA, Thanks for the replys, I'm going to try the relay first (that would be sweet) Then the check valves. I'll let you know what happens.
    its NOT the relay,REPLACE the check valves!

white
    1998 z28 vert

its NOT the relay,REPLACE the check valves!

yeah waste your money on the check valves when you can take 2 mins. switching the relay. If the relay doesnt fix it then change the check valves. I'm just saying it was the relay on my car got over 400 miles since i replayed the relay and on ses light

Red
    1998 Z28

hey vert i have the same light and i was dumb enough to replace the pump. codes still there.(i have two p1416s) before i go and get check valves could you explain to me where and how to change the relays. when it comes to electronics i'm a bit retarted.

thanks!

Red
    2001 Z28

I finally replaced the check valves (both from GM) and it solved my problem! I first took them out and blew through them (by mouth!) the one on the pass side I could bearly get anything through it, the new ones very easy. So YOMommas TA thanks where ever you are!

Thread Information