Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone ever use fuel treatment???

I am about to drive my goat to FL and I was jw if I should buy fuel treatment like seafoam, b-12 chemtool, lucas fuel injector cleaner, or anything like that??

or would it be a waste of money

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I run TC-W3 in all our vehicles and once a year use Chevron's Techron Fuel System Cleaner.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    Thanks for saving me the time.

lol. thanks a bunch guys

Thats good info that Sarge provided.
    I stick with the Lucas fuel treatment myself. I'm too lazy to get out the graduated cylinder and start measuring 2 cycle oil, although a great alternative and much cheaper, you have to be carefull of quantities. When trying to use it in 8 different running cars it becomes a second job. I generally don't come straight home after I fillup. Usually I fillup while I'm out on the run. So taking a bottle with me for when the time comes works for me. Kinda hard to measure out 2 cycle oil at home when I don't know how much gas I'm pumping in.

Lucas fuel treatment isn't as critical, I don't have to bother with measuring. I just fill the little bottle and bring it with me. Much more user friendly for my situation.
    But I also only use it on every 5-6 fillups anymore, so a gallon goes a long way for me.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 09-10-2009 at 10:46 AM.

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Thats good info that Sarge provided.
    I stick with the Lucas fuel treatment myself. I'm too lazy to get out the graduated cylinder and start measuring 2 cycle oil, although a great alternative and much cheaper, you have to be carefull of quantities. When trying to use it in 8 different running cars it becomes a second job. I generally don't come straight home after I fillup. Usually I fillup while I'm out on the run. So taking a bottle with me for when the time comes works for me. Kinda hard to measure out 2 cycle oil at home when I don't know how much gas I'm pumping in.

Lucas fuel treatment isn't as critical, I don't have to bother with measuring. I just fill the little bottle and bring it with me. Much more user friendly for my situation.
    But I also only use it on every 5-6 fillups anymore, so a gallon goes a long way for me.
    I put 10 gallons in the tank at a time and use my old Lucas UCL bottle that measures in 2 ounce increments to put the TCW3 oil in. I keep the bottle under the trunk mat with the spare. How do you like them apples?!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat-E View Post
    I put 10 gallons in the tank at a time and use my old Lucas UCL bottle that measures in 2 ounce increments to put the TCW3 oil in. I keep the bottle under the trunk mat with the spare. How do you like them apples?!
    If it works for you that's great. I based my decision off of multiple cars and ease of use. If I only had 2-3 cars I would probably go through the trouble with the 2 cycle stuff.

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

If it works for you that's great. I based my decision off of multiple cars and ease of use. If I only had 2-3 cars I would probably go through the trouble with the 2 cycle stuff.
    Wouldn't it be easier/less expensive to get the TCW3 by the gallon and a funnel and you could use your old Lucas bottles and have one in each vehicle?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Wouldn't it be easier/less expensive to get the TCW3 by the gallon and a funnel and you could use your old Lucas bottles and have one in each vehicle?

That's what I do. I use the gallon to fill two smaller bottles, one in my truck and another in the garage. We have 5 vehicles on the road right now and it has not been a problem. After doing this for the past 3-4 months it is just habit.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Seafoam in the Grand Ma GT once a year.
    I will seafoam the T/A (small amount in the fuel) once in a while.

BG44K is supposed to be a good additive. Not much experience with it though.

I'm sure it would be cheaper. I've used Lucas for so long that my little bottle doesn't have measurements on the sides, it's probably 4-5 years old?? I wouldn't know how much I'm dumping in. Maybe the new ones do??? I've bought that stuff by the gallons for years and haven't looked at the little bottles anymore.
    But I would definately need several bottles with 2 oz. increments on the side. Then my only problem would be memory. If a car sits for a month I can't remember if I used it at the last fillup, therefore how much I need to measure.

White
    '02 Camaro SS

Any place where I could get the Pennzoil Marine full synthetic for anything less than two arms and a leg?

How much are you seeing it for?? I didn't think it was that expensive last time I saw it,,,compared to $30 a gallon I'm paying for Lucas fuel treatment that is....

White
    '02 Camaro SS

How much are you seeing it for?? I didn't think it was that expensive last time I saw it,,,compared to $30 a gallon I'm paying for Lucas fuel treatment that is....
    $68+ a gallon?
    http://oilstore.stores.yahoo.net/pen100synout.html

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    I looked at the whole forum on the 2-cycle oil. looks like a good deal.
    thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by SSnow View Post
    Whats all the talk about it being cheaper than Lucas then???

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

I got a gallon of Pennzoil Full Synthetic TCW3 yesterday for $34.99 at West Marine. I guess it pays to live near the ocean in this case. 1 gallon of TCW3 = 4 of the large bottles of Lucas. At approximately $9 per bottle of Lucas you break even by volume. You use 1/3 less of the TCW3 which amounts to a savings of around $11.00 overall.(It's called MATH people) Whoever is charging you $68 a gallon should be arrested for THEFT! Here's West Marine's TCW3 prices
    http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...key=SiteSearch
    $34.99 baby!!!
    Last edited by Goat-E; 09-11-2009 at 09:56 PM.

BLACK
    2002, CAMARO Z28

I have tried about every fuel system cleaner and the only one's that worked were Seafoam and Lucas. I once got a bad tank of gas and a lean code for for bank 1. Added a can of Seafoam and after 20 minutes the car ran good again and the code didn't comeback. The lucas helped a lot with mpg for me. Redline is supposed to be good but made both me and my wifes car gets worse mpg, weird.

Thread Information