2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Do I really need the air dam?

I just replaced my bumper last weekend, and i didn't put the air damn back on, it drags BAD in and out of my driveway....and everywhere else

these 4 days of no scraping has been music to my ears.

should i put it back on? i dont feel like i get fast enough or drive long enough for it to be useful, i never drive more than 3 or 4 miles at a time, and rarely above 40 mph

Sunset Orange
    2001 Z28

that's how the car gets air and cooling, I wouldn't run without it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Yes you should. It is what gives 90% of the air flow that cools the radiator while the car is moving. With out it it would be like sitting still and idling on a very hot day. Over time you will have issues.

I scape like a mofo with my driveway, I got about a 20* angle but what kills me is the street. It dips towards my drive way making seem like I have a 35* angle to get into my driveway. It's done that way because I have a storm drain right next to my drive way. So I constantly have to go at it at an angle to avoid rubbing the air dam or nose. It's a major bitch but I live with it.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi7769 View Post
    that's how the car gets air and cooling, I wouldn't run without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Yes you should. It is what gives 90% of the air flow that cools the radiator while the car is moving. With out it it would be like sitting still and idling on a very hot day. Over time you will have issues.

I scape like a mofo with my driveway, I got about a 20* angle but what kills me is the street. It dips towards my drive way making seem like I have a 35* angle to get into my driveway. It's done that way because I have a storm drain right next to my drive way. So I constantly have to go at it at an angle to avoid rubbing the air dam or nose. It's a major bitch but I live with it.
    ^^This.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

20120225_130529.jpg

so heres the new bumper beside the old, you can see how i rhino-lined the bottom side

the new bumper was pretty much exact, but you can see the piece that has the 3 red circles is stuck up, and the 3 blue is flat. I can see where those 3 holes line up underneath, but my old one wasnt attached, so i have no hardware for the new one, and with the new ones, id have to use quite a bit of force to bolt it down

can anyone shed light on this, or maybe take picture of theirs

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I have a TA so mine is a different nose, but the holes should be the same. If no one post a pic by SAT I'll get one of mine for you.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

id appreciate it.

A buddy helped me with the swap, neight of us remember unhooked anything from there, but its obvious its supposed to be attached somehow

Thread Information