White
    2001 Trans AM WS6

DID White Shepherd Stop Leak mess up my trans am??

2001 Trans am WS6- DID White Shepherd Stop Leak & Conditioner WRECK ENGINE?

So today i stopped by Kragen to pick up some parts, and on my list was something to stop or slow down my OIL pan gasket leak, so i bought White Shepherd Stop Leak & Conditioner because the employee said it was guaranteed or your money back so i said hey lets give it a shot, it cant hurt 20 dollar bottle for free if it doesn’t work and if it does then i dont have to pay for a 5 hour job.
    I added all 8 oz. of White Shepherd Stop Leak into my oil reservoir like it says to do, then drive it i got about a mile down the road and almost onto the highway when i hear a REALLY LOUD SCREECHING NOISE so i pull over and check it out. I brought it back to Kragen looked under the hood and all i could hear was a sound like my PISTONS are rubbing up against the cylinders. its not like a rod bearing sound not a clunk... more of a screech sound like metal to metal. The guys said that this stuff couldn’t have done that.. i don’t know if it did or didn’t but i know this stuff looks like water when i was pouring it! did it dilute my oil and now my engine isnt getting enough oil for lube making my pistons or w/e screech??? it sounds like its coming from the block not the water pump or anything near there...

SO MY QUESTION IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CAR... COULD THE STOP LEAK HAVE DONE THIS BECAUSE I HAVE ONLY HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS STUFF... OR IS IT A COINCIDENCE THAT AT THE EXACT SAME TIME I PUT THIS STUFF IN MY CAR THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH MY CAR? CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR HAVE ANY INFORMATION TO DIAGNOSE THIS?

there is another thread on here new sound from my engine and heres the link he has a similar sounding problem

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133326

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I'm not hearing anything out of the ordinary in the video.. I can only hear what sounds like a severe vacc leak and a lifter tapping.. Where exactly did you pour the stuff in?? I've never heard of the engine oil pan refered to as the "oil resivoir" even though that's what it is really..

Stop leak and other additives are'nt something I'd use to "fix" a leak though.. I would have tried to tighten the pan bolts a little first.. Should get it out of there ASAP.. Hope you did'nt damage it.. A "5 hour job" would have corrected the problem, and you'd be done. Take a guess how long it takes to replace/rebuild and engine... Hope everything works out for ya. Never a good idea to bet the life of your engine on $20 refund.. Good luck..

Just for shits and giggles check your pcv valve..
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-19-2010 at 03:46 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2001 Trans AM WS6

true

that is true. i poured th stuff where i refill my oil like it said.. so i dont know the company said theres no way that the stuff could have done anything since it is petrolium based but i believe it did. that is not my video my sound is alot loudr like a bad valvue or a piston rubbing up against a cylinder bery lour screech metal to metal. well im buying another trans am today i believe for about 1400 and it has the whole ls1 motor and almost all the panels and all the interior along with a stage 3 clutch its got 80,000 miles on the car just has front end damadge.. Is that a good deal. the motors alone usually go for more than that dont they? its a 99 trans am ls1

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by allformyws6 View Post
    that is true. i poured th stuff where i refill my oil like it said.. so i dont know the company said theres no way that the stuff could have done anything since it is petrolium based but i believe it did. that is not my video my sound is alot loudr like a bad valvue or a piston rubbing up against a cylinder bery lour screech metal to metal. well im buying another trans am today i believe for about 1400 and it has the whole ls1 motor and almost all the panels and all the interior along with a stage 3 clutch its got 80,000 miles on the car just has front end damadge.. Is that a good deal. the motors alone usually go for more than that dont they? its a 99 trans am ls1
    Sounds good for just a parts car to me imho..

Thread Information