Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

cruise control innoperative

okay. so i'm still having trouble with my cruise control. it still doesn't work. so far i have replaced the clutch anticipation switch, the clutch switch, and the turn signal lever (thinking that the little wires in the arm frayed out which they didn't). i also know that the circuit is good because the cruise is on the same circuit as the a/c and it blows COLD. and the switches on the pedals are adjusted to release properly at the correct moment.

so...what else is there? what else can cause the cruise control to not work?

Cruise also runs through the brake pedal switch. Might be another place to look just to make sure there isn't a loose wire or something.

Other than that, it sounds like it's time to break out the GM service manual and start going through the check out procedures for the cruise control step by step. You'll find the problem that way for sure.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Have you tried checking out the cruise control module and the wires coming from and to it to ensure they aren't damaged?
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

I havent looked at the module at all...hmmm

While i replaced the clutch switches i glancd at th brake pedal and wiring and everything appeared okay there.
    1999 Z/28

M6 w/ Hurst shifter and SLP skip shift eliminator, drilled rotors, Y3F package, SLP lid w/ K&N filter, VFN fiberglass 2" cowl hood, TSP 1 3/4" headers & ORY

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Time to start probing wires with a DVOM to see if you have power, ground and that your switches are functioning. I have schematics for MY2002 and presume that yours would be essentially the same.

Thread Information