midnight blue metalic
    2001 camaro z28

Lightbulb Is comp and collision worth it compared to just liability ?

Wel kelly blue books at $ 8,grand on my o1 z28.
    Im paying $174 6 mos now at present.
    If i get full coverage Ins, will jump to $380 per 6 mos,
    I,m thinkin cause of lots iresponsible uncompetent rookie type drivers probably 1/2 iuninsured if not unlicensed not to mention dense area i live in.
    Lot a hills curves fast, slow drivers, on cell phones ect, junker cars too w/ no respect fer other peoples property.
    Plus not to mention vandalizm, and theft possibility?
    Well if one of these types wrecks my car i'll have trouble collecting more so that if i have full coverage.
    How many have full , how many have liability only and where ya live and how risky is it there?
    How many have had trouble collecting after someone wrecked their car?

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by denegrader View Post
    Wel kelly blue books at $ 8,grand on my o1 z28.
    Im paying $174 6 mos now at present.
    If i get full coverage Ins, will jump to $380 per 6 mos,
    I,m thinkin cause of lots iresponsible uncompetent rookie type drivers probably 1/2 iuninsured if not unlicensed not to mention dense area i live in.
    Lot a hills curves fast, slow drivers, on cell phones ect, junker cars too w/ no respect fer other peoples property.
    Plus not to mention vandalizm, and theft possibility?
    Well if one of these types wrecks my car i'll have trouble collecting more so that if i have full coverage.
    How many have full , how many have liability only and where ya live and how risky is it there?
    How many have had trouble collecting after someone wrecked their car?
    Yes, it's worth it.

I have full coverage on my Jeep and it's only worth $3000. It's all what your prepared for too. Is it your only form of transportation? If your car got totaled can you get into a reliable vehicle right away? If not, you should have full coverage IMO.
    Last edited by KMdef9; 07-17-2011 at 02:08 PM.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I finance my car and it is mandatory to have full coverage. I pay $172 a month for 6 months.

midnight blue metalic
    2001 camaro z28

Well be honest just got this z28 in april 2011 owning for years just 1 car w/241,000 miles and only 10 miles to work, i's take annual leave if i had a breakdown and pretty much got by for years this way with liability only.
    Well this 01 has 75k miles air bags, abs ect safer,and i,m leaning towards full coverage w this z and figuring this 89 aint gonna run forever so i alternate.
    Both paid of so legaly can have liability only but value of 89 is 41500 and z well 8 g's so yeah thinkin i may go ahead with the full coverage for the z only keep the liab only on the 89.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

89? 41.5k?

2002 trans am ws6

i am 21 and pay like 600 for 6 months full coverage. i live on a rural area.

midnight blue metalic
    2001 camaro z28

i mean $ 1,500 so sorry chalie

midnight blue metalic
    2001 camaro z28

yeah looks like full cov's way to go

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

I carry full coverage at $89 a month. Ya never know...

yellow
    2004 gto

i hate to say it cause insurance companies are money hungry, but in the event it's better to have had it and not need it. cause when you do and you don't have it, it sucks the big one. ask me how i know...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Full coverage for when I go into the crazy land of tailgators, and morons who slam the brakes on yellow lights in fear of redlight cameras called toledo.
    My car was in a collision that nearly totaled it last year. Insurance tried to under value it and cut me a check. With help from the bodyshop I got it fixed anyway. Then got dropped from the insurance and had to switch companies.
    I still carry full coverage. If I hadn't I would have a wrecked car sitting in the garage as the other driver had no license or insurance.

NBM
    1998Z28

I've just got libility on my Z28. I don't really daily drive that much and if I wreck it at the track so be it. Now my little 2006 Canyon has killed a caddy and a ricer so far I've got full coverage on it. Thinking about some chromed out railroad track for its next front bumper.
    Last edited by PFM; 07-18-2011 at 06:31 AM.
    TSP 347 SB, TSP Stage 2.5 PRC LS6, TSP MS4, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E, Yank PT4000, 4.11s, Fast 90/90, FTRA Cold air intake+all the free mods, Dynatech Supermaxx Exaust System, DMH Cutouts, Hooker Catback/FTRA Tips. Tuned by RPM/Garner NC. 11.28@119

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

"Liability" insurance protects the other driver from you, full coverage protects your asset.

SteveC

blue
    1999 TransAm

yes, i've got full cvg... it can come in handy when you least expect it... for instance, we had a supercell thunderstorm wreak havoc in my AO back in May, it dropped baseball-size hail over my house - luckily for me, the car was in the garage (and you'd be surprised the amount of damage it did to our homes, that's another story). but, my point is that if my car was out in the storm, i'm sure it would've been totalled - in fact i've heard of new cars being totalled-out from that storm...

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I have full coverage on my 'Bird and my '97 Grand Cherokee. Both get parked on the street and are seasonal DD's.

It paid offwith the Jeep....last November someone stole my tires and wheels (rusting black steelies and half worn mud tires) off it. Called Progressive, they came down and looked at it, then cut me a check for 700 bucks on the spot. When I kicked in my 250 for the deductible, it bought me a nice set of new alloys and Goodyears.

Then a month later someDB pushed a heavy trascan into the back of my Bird, scraped up the rear bumper. Got a few bucks from the ins. co. on that one too.

And with claims like that, your rates don't go up.

If you care about the car, IMO it's silly to NOT have full coverage on it.

midnight blue metalic
    2001 camaro z28

yeah i got a 500 deductible just to protect against theft vandalizm extensive and of course heaven forbid tan auto acident or maybe hit and run but 500 deduct for bigger things yeah maybe tires and wheels may cost me $500 deductible but that youd have to get from the guilty party if you can, got state farm never collected of em but been w/ em for long time.
    heard geico has a every year 100 dollars goes down on yer deductible to get new clients.Got an 89 liability only for 13 years, no probs but yeah ya never know silly without comp and collision , well value of car only $1,500 kbb, but if i restore new motor all that well maybe id get comp and collision too

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i have full covrege for me and my wife on the trans am, her jeep and my duramax for $103 a month. and its worth it. its beter safe then sorry any day and with all the other ass holes out there with out it you would just be asking for it if you didnt get it

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    I've just got libility on my Z28. I don't really daily drive that much and if I wreck it at the track so be it. Now my little 2006 Canyon has killed a caddy and a ricer so far I've got full coverage on it. Thinking about some chromed out railroad track for its next front bumper.
    Now that would be an awesome custom bumper.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    Now that would be an awesome custom bumper.
    better yet, how about a chromed cow-catcher from an old locomotive! there's times where i would've loved to have had that!

Thread Information