Thread: coill packs

white
    2000 trans am

coill packs

o.k just got done with my msd wires and ngk plugs the last of my lth's install with deletes frost tune etc.. I fired it up and one side is dead nothing no fire on pass. side
    my first question is does it matter which side I put the coil rack on cause I put the drivers side on the passenger side and passenger side on drivers but the firing order is correct(didn't think it mattered cause it plugs in the same either way.

is there a separate fuse for each side that might have blown one. what could it be help

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Check the harness connectors for a bent pin on that side.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by jodmari View Post
    o.k just got done with my msd wires and ngk plugs the last of my lth's install with deletes frost tune etc.. I fired it up and one side is dead nothing no fire on pass. side
    my first question is does it matter which side I put the coil rack on cause I put the drivers side on the passenger side and passenger side on drivers but the firing order is correct(didn't think it mattered cause it plugs in the same either way.

is there a separate fuse for each side that might have blown one. what could it be help
    No it doesn't matter which side. Make sure the wires are plugged in all the way on the spark plugs and the same for the coil. I forget which end but one end you should hear one click and two clicks on the other end when it is fully installed.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

white
    2000 trans am

that was it guys one of the pins pushed out or back out the plug (I always jump to conclusions instead of looking for the obvious but thank you thank you.
    it set a code so I disconnected both battery cables hoping it would clear but it didn't so I either have to buy a code reader or drive up to auto zone hope it just needs to be cleared from this little mess up and its not another problem we'll see

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

it should reset after a few start/off cycles if you wait.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by jodmari View Post
    that was it guys one of the pins pushed out or back out the plug (I always jump to conclusions instead of looking for the obvious but thank you thank you.
    it set a code so I disconnected both battery cables hoping it would clear but it didn't so I either have to buy a code reader or drive up to auto zone hope it just needs to be cleared from this little mess up and its not another problem we'll see
    If you pull the pcm and battery fuse for 5 minutes and put them back in it will also reset it. That is what I used to do before I had a code reader that could reset it.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Glad it was an easy fix.

Thread Information