Thread: code 1133?

black
    2002 firehawk

code 1133?

I have a code 1133 on check engine soon. I would take it to the dealership, but i have mods on the car and they dont know what there doing. Car sputters when i accelerate slightly. Sometimes it backfires, not real loud..but it still backfires when i accelerate and when it sputters. I can hear a muffle sound, sounds like anotheer header leak, but havent had a chance to see if it is for sure. Im at fort campbell, and the person who works in my car is in texas. So taking it overe there is out of the question. Current mods on the car are, long tube headers, borla cataylic converter, under drive pulleys, custom tune, TNT 100 shot setup. If anyone can help me out of what it could be that would be great. Also check engine light when out but yet it still sputters. Another thing that would be great would be if anyone also knows of a mechanic in the fort campbell area who works with ls1 and is familiar with the mods i have. Thanks for your help....

Are you sure it's really an 1133? Did you pull that code with a scanner?

black
    2002 firehawk

yea i took it to auto zone and they pulled that off the scanner.

nvm. thought it was something different. well it's a code for your o2 bank 1 sens 1. you might not be too far off on the header leak.

black
    2002 firehawk

yea but the person who did the custom tune on the car deleted the o2 sensor codes so it wouldnt pick them up, because i have the cats out. Ive had a header leak before, but it never sputtered like that before...

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

should still be o2 sensors in the headers, should of only deleted the rear o2 sensors. Perhaps the sensors is bad.

black
    2002 firehawk

ok well i can check on that, but what about the sputtering...that doesnt feel like a header leak

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

the sensors send info about fuel trim to the computer if the sensors is bad it could send the wrong information to the computer causing to possibly overcompensate on the fuel or spark. either way I know that if cats go bad or o2 sensors go bad, they make the car run like crap. Also did you change your plugs and wires when you did you Long tube install? May try changing those, I had a fouled plug that made my car feel like it was sputtering or stumbling so to speak.

black
    2002 firehawk

so then what could i do to check if they are...around the fort campbell area there is nobody who knows what theyre doing, and with the mods and tune on the car i dont want someone to mess it up, because they all have these agreements if they work on the car and something messes up there not reliable...

Blue
    2002 WS-6

Thumbs up

Are you in Fort Campbell, Kentucky???? if so call Scott Racing F-Body expert 513-489-1197 ( Blue Ash area)

black
    2002 firehawk

thanks...sounds good...

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

hope it all gets worked out for ya.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Just swap the O2's and see if the code follows it. I believe it would become 1153 for the passenger side but I would have to look it up. Slow switching codes are fairly common with headers. It *could* be a leak on that side but I would probably swap the O2's first and see if the code changes.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

wait till its cold, then see if it runs better when its cold. if it does, then it should be an o2 sensor. because when the o2 sensors are cold, the PCM is in an Open-loop mode. the PCM ignores the o2 sensors in open loop mode.

SOM
    '01 Camaro SS

That's only half true. We get some mighty cold days here in MI and I never had any trouble getting to closed-loop....even with LT headers and stock O2 sensors. The car is in open-loop until the engine coolant temp warms up past 92*F. Assuming the O2's are switching ok, the car will transition from open-loop (OL) to closed-loop (CL). If there is an issue with the O2 sensors (ie not switching fast enough), then the PCM will throw a P1133 code. This laziness in the O2 is typically due to one of two reasons. The car has LT headers and the O2's aren't warming up enough to work correctly (faulty O2) or the car has an exhaust leak that bottoms out the O2 constantly. If it's the second scenario, the PCM interprets it as a lean condition and adds fuel through the fuel trims. Add too much fuel and the motor begins to sputter. If it's just a lazy O2, then fueling could go either way (rich or lean) on that side of the motor may cause it to sputter.

In the end, he needs to check for exhaust leaks and switch the passenger O2 with the driver O2 as mentioned above. If the code follows the O2 (P1153), then he needs a new O2 sensor.

The car only reverts to OL when it is below certain temps, when you give it enough gas to enable power enrichment (PE), or when certain censors fail.

BLKHWK - When tuners turn off codes for !CATS, they're turning off the rear O2's. This thread deals with the front O2's. B1S1 and B1S2 are your front driver's side and front passenger's side O2 sensors. If it were B2S1 or B2S2, then it would be the rears.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

o yes thats right......thanks for the clarification. that might help me review for my GM ASEP mid-term

Thread Information