Thread: Child Seat

Black
    2000 Z-28

Child Seat

I was wondering if anyone has currently or has had an infant seat in their camaro? My wife just tried to put the car seat we had in and she said there was no way it would fit in the back seat. If anyone has any idea as to what type of car seat will fit or if there even is a car seat that will fit I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.
    -John

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

What year of car do you have?

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    What year of car do you have?
    I have a 2000 Z28.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Most would fit....What exactly is not fitting?

Black
    2000 Z-28

Well I believe it is a hand-me-down from her brother so I'm not exactly sure of the brand....I figured they'd be universal but I guess not. Do you have one in your car Sarge?

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I can fit two in the back of the SS also fit in my 97 z28. Cant move the seat too far back but it works.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Well I believe it is a hand-me-down from her brother so I'm not exactly sure of the brand....I figured they'd be universal but I guess not. Do you have one in your car Sarge?
    Yeah I hauled my grandson in the TransAm and the GTO both.....seat goes in no problem....I cannot put the seats back to far but they fit ok...and I can drive with my knees in my nose no problems

white
    98 SS

I have had booster/forward facing in my 98 ss w/ no probs, but they had a smallish foot print to fit in the buckets. If you are trying to do a rear facing/convertible, I imagine they would fit as well (w/ the front seats up pretty far) because they only contact the rear seat by the crook of the seat. If you have some type of very large seat w/ a huge foot print, it might be a problem b/c the buckets are small and deep

Black
    2000 Z-28

I appreciate everyone's input. My wife mentioned something about taking the child seat by a fire station because they're supposed to be able to help you put it in properly.

2000 black T/A Vert
    Red 99 C5 Coupe sold

Is it a rear or forward facing seat? I just started using the forward facing seat with my little girl. With the rear facing seat, the front seat had to be almost all the way up. Very few people could ride in the front. But they both fit in the back okay.
    Shawn

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

When I test drove my car it had a rear facing seat in the back. It also looked like it fit just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

white
    98 SS

definitely call your local pd or fire dept - i used to be a certified installer and i would say 9 out of 10 were done incorrectly by people who hadn't been trained

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by beanie View Post
    definitely call your local pd or fire dept - i used to be a certified installer and i would say 9 out of 10 were done incorrectly by people who hadn't been trained
    Yeah I mean that's obviously the last thing I would want w/ a newborn baby. Where were you a certified installer at?

white
    98 SS

I am a police ofcr in south florida

98 Formula
    06 duramax

rear facing seats are the devil. They take up way to much room. They're a ton safer but damn they take up a ton of room. Even in our Durango my daughters rear facing seat limits the travel of the front seat. I can vouch that one will fit in the bird though. I used to kart my son all over in the firebird when his seat faced backwards. There is absolutely no one with any size to them going to ride in the front seat but it can be done. That's a great thing about the GTO. I'm putting 2 seats in it, one facing the front and one facing the rear, and still can ride 2 adults in the front. There's way more room in the GTO's than people think.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    rear facing seats are the devil. They take up way to much room. They're a ton safer but damn they take up a ton of room. Even in our Durango my daughters rear facing seat limits the travel of the front seat. I can vouch that one will fit in the bird though. I used to kart my son all over in the firebird when his seat faced backwards. There is absolutely no one with any size to them going to ride in the front seat but it can be done. That's a great thing about the GTO. I'm putting 2 seats in it, one facing the front and one facing the rear, and still can ride 2 adults in the front. There's way more room in the GTO's than people think.
    Yeah I guess the baby seat will have to go on the passenger side and my wife will have to sit behind me...lol.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yeah, rear facing seats take a lot of room, I had the drivers seat almost all the way up to have it fit. I did, tho, find that if I took out the seat cushion on one of the back seats that I could put the rear facing seat on the floor. I took some creative harnessing with the seat belt for the base so the baby seat would then snap-in, but it worked and I no longer had to have the drivers seat so far forward. Kyle liked riding in Too Fast.
    BTW, my daughter Natalie named our car. One day she suddenly said, Daddy, this car is too fast.

Thread Information