Thread: chevyguy8413

red
    1994 Camaro Z28

chevyguy8413

Hey I am bout to replace the exhaust system on my stock '94 Z28 4A. Is a Cat-back system very beneficial?? I really don't want to go further unless just a cat-back system will not yield much improvement. ANy input on which systems have been reader-proven...maybe even with incremental system replacements. I have in mind possibly Flowmaster, SLP or Edelbrock systems, but am open to suggestions.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

going from stock to the borla 3" adjustable system netted me .3 in the quarter mile. going from the borla to the bassani tru-duals gained me a solid 15 rwhp more.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

TRUE OVER THE AXLE DUALS SHOULD GIVE YOU ABOUT 15 EXTRA REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER LIKE mrr23 SAID. THAT IS THE ENCREASE THAT I GOT WHEN I INSTALLED 2 1/2 INCH PIPES, REAL OVER THE AXLE DUALS.
    JEB

98 Formula
    06 duramax

If you decide to stick with a catback I would look at GMMG. One of the best sounding catbacks out there. Maybe meet up with some local people and listen to a few different kinds. Most catbacks will perform pretty close to one another with a couple of exceptions so sound is more of a personal taste issue.

black
    2002 TA WS7

i have the GMMG and loooove it

red
    1994 Camaro Z28

CAt Back Systems or more

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
    i have the GMMG and loooove it

When you say you have THE GMMG, which manufacturer in their catalog did you choose?? They list all the major suppliers.

red
    1994 Camaro Z28

BTW...I really appreciate all the replies...since I have no experience with aftermarket parts for the LT1 such as in my 94 Z.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by JEB View Post
    TRUE OVER THE AXLE DUALS SHOULD GIVE YOU ABOUT 15 EXTRA REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER LIKE mrr23 SAID. THAT IS THE ENCREASE THAT I GOT WHEN I INSTALLED 2 1/2 INCH PIPES, REAL OVER THE AXLE DUALS.
    3in true duals, dumped for me. (TSP)

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I had 3in adjustable borla on my 96 T/a. I loved it. has plates you put in it to adjust the flow. Not sure how much of a difference it really makes but I loved the sound.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Thread Information