black
    98transam

car rattles after volant??or cheap gas?

ok, two days my problem started,my car was perfectly fine up until i was going out of town then all the sudden it started raining hard thereafter i got to a red light ,soon the light turned green i stepped on it but it wouldnt go, the whole car would start rattling an quit accelerating , then all the sudden the car accelerates itself back to normal,so i pulled over popped the hood and noticed there was water on the tray of my volant,so i touched the bottom of the filters and they were wet..anyways, now everytime i turn off the car then turn it back on it does it again..u guys think by anychance itll go back to normal??,..ses light turns on then hours later it turns off by itslef ..but problem stills continue....HELP!!

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

I think you need to take it in to a shop that can run a diagnostics to see what the code is and let you know what it is and how to go about getting it fixed. and I dont think you should drive it like that

black
    98transam

well it onlly does da rattling once everytime i turn it on ...i also forgot to mension that i pumped gas that had 10% ethanol in 93 octane,wich i had never put in my tank.....i had a friend that had a z28 that had the same problem due to cheap regular 87 octane gas then a week later after jus pumpin premium the problem went away...
    98 ta ram air, a4,transgo stage 2 shift kit, 342 gears ,2 1/2' magnaflow exhaust(or cut off),obx lt headers, custom y pipe,volant cool air intake,port/polished throttle body and maf too, and tune...more on its way

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 98ta_ra View Post
    well it onlly does da rattling once everytime i turn it on ...i also forgot to mension that i pumped gas that had 10% ethanol in 93 octane,wich i had never put in my tank.....i had a friend that had a z28 that had the same problem due to cheap regular 87 octane gas then a week later after jus pumpin premium the problem went away...
    sounds like that gas station is scamming people out of some $$...

rapter34
    in WI we have to run 10% ethonal in all our gas grades kind of sucks but i'vve never had a probelem I run premium all the time.

White
    02 WS6

all gas has ethanol now days.

dale

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

sounds like it could be a water problem.... try holding the pedal to the floor, and then hitting the starter for a bit, the car wont start, but it will let the valves open and close to relieve the cylinders of any excess fluids. let us know what you find

Thread Information