BLACK
    2001 WS6

Unhappy Car possessed: no start with crazy lights and clicking

Spliced wires to driver front turn signal for recurrent problem with success, it worked. Then decided to check girly sounding horns. Assumed bad Low horn, so I jumped +/- terminals of battery to two posts on horn and nothing happened. Assumed bad horn, so reconnected High horn, left low off and closed up compartment. Never heard a pop, fizz, spark, or anything to suggest I shorted out anything.

Got in car to start. Key in on position & heard lots of clicking with blinking 'no seatbelt' light and 'Maint Req' light on dash. Turned to start position, and heard clicking up front like rapid morse code (different than clicking of a dead battery). Could feel the big square IGN fuse/relay clicking near driver front head light. Checked all fuses that one can see through. All good. Head lights wont come up. pwr locks moved very slowly. radio would not come on (but clock did). In ACC position, the 'keys left in vehicle' chime sounds normal, and red alarm light in defrost blinks normally. But then.....

Disconnected battery for 2hrs to 'reset' everything. Now no dash lights w/ key in on or start position, but loud clicking now coming from box like thing behind the glove box, and map lights and red alarm light blink rapidly with the clicking sound EVEN WITH KEY OFF and REMOVED! Had to disconnect battery to get it all to stop??

1) What is the box like thing that clicks behind the glove box (not the computer chips in engine compartment)
    2) WTH do you think is going on?

Thanks for any help or advise at all.

Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

I dunno but mine does the exact same thing occasionally.

BLACK
    2001 WS6

Thanks. Like an AA meeting, at least I know I'm not alone

Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

I used to think rain n water caused it but last time its been indoors for over a month. I have disconnected the battery overnight and that has 'solved' it before. A jump never worked. Fiddling with the ground seemed to work once. Its currently doing it actually but the car is up and gutted so I'm hoping time will solve it.

BLACK
    2001 WS6

As suggested by another site, wife's car jump started TA. Auto Parts place confirmed 'bad' battery, even though it was reading 15.6 volts when problem was on-going. New battery and problem is gone (for now). Never, ever saw a car behave that way just from a bad battery, but I'm not complaining as the cheap fix worked. Thanks to he who responded to post!

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

Glad you got it fixed. Some of the symptoms you described made me think it was the battery, too.
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

Thread Information