Thread: Car Lift!!

Red

Car Lift!!

Hi,

I have a small garage 20 x 19. Which car lift do you recommend for the C5 Z06? I am looking for some car lifts If anyone has any info on what I should look for please let me know.
    Thanks

green
    98 formula

my preference is a 2 post lift you will need a 12 foot ceiling a few extra inches will make it easier to install there are several different kinds mine is a 9000lb 2 post electric/hyd but if my shop area was smaller I would probably have gone with a portable one check out eagle lifts good luck finding one you will wander how you ever did without it

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 T/A A4

I've been wanting a 4 post for the longest time. It just seems like it doesnt need as much side room as 2 posts.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Z View Post
    I've been wanting a 4 post for the longest time. It just seems like it doesnt need as much side room as 2 posts.
    that is correct but only a few inches and you cant do suspension quite as easy as a 2 post also with the newer cars the engine comes out under the car not gonna happen with the 4 post

Hi
    I would like to suggest you to have a look at Harding steels lifts; I had a quite good time using their lifts. You can look out for Garage Parking Lift As you have mentioned your requirement is for a small garage. It’s very important for you to take and consider before buying a lift that it should be in the dimensions suited to your garage.
    Hope this helps!!

Pewter
    01 Trans Am

I have an old 20 year old to be exact rotary 2 post lift 10 foot ceiling with an attic above cut two holes in the drywall put a cut up 80 cent floor mat over the holes to cover them up when the cylinders aren't up ENSURE you have enough concrete in your floor THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A HAPPY MECHANIC AND A DEAD ONE!!!! Always best to shop at lift places they have old lifts here and there I paid 800 for mine it was rusty but no cables and hoses and spray paint BOOYAH There is NOTHING I can't do for myself now. Feel free to contact me with any advice my other pc is down or I'd send pics do a search for lifts I posted a pic of my setup somewhere on here... Search my username maybe.

I use a 2 post in my shop. They have alot of advantages in my opinion.

Once the car is in the air,,,you can access everything, Wheels, transmission, rearend,,,,and for a 4th gen it's great for yanking the motor from underneath with K-member and all, just as GM does it.

All this is nearly impossible (if at all) to do with a 4 post. There are hidden costs with a 4 post if you plan to do any suspension, wheel work. You will have to pay extra for the hydraulic jacks that roll and rotate under the car to lift the car off the ramps,,,,and in my opinion everything is just in the way when working under the car.

This is just my opinion from working with them. The 2 post lifts can also be had for low ceiling height if thats an issue,,,as low as 8 feet I believe,,,although you are limited how high you can raise the car though, and may not be able to walk under it.

Most places will tell you concrete should be at least 6 inches or more and of a certain mixture.

I would recommend a place but don't know where you are located. Internet searches will yield a ton of places, Rotary is one good brand name to look for.

Puter
    2002 Z28

I use an Eagle 4 post lift. It's cheap, rolls arouind easily even with a car on it. Great for oil changes, bad for suspension work. I do that on the floor. One difference between it and a 2 post lift is I can drive on in a minute and it's up. And, I can roll the car forward and backwards while it's in the air. It also has drip pans so you can put another car under a dripper

Al

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by 2002Zapper View Post
    I use an Eagle 4 post lift. It's cheap, rolls arouind easily even with a car on it. Great for oil changes, bad for suspension work. I do that on the floor. One difference between it and a 2 post lift is I can drive on in a minute and it's up. And, I can roll the car forward and backwards while it's in the air. It also has drip pans so you can put another car under a dripper

Al
    its cheap? my 2 post was right at $2000 delivered I had to install it though and as far a speed it only takes a minute to get my car in the air if I were to buy another lift the 4 post would be nice for storage

Thread Information