car alarm need help

Hello again guys, to those whom have helped me before. If not, hello anyway. So, this is has been an ongoing issue but haven't put much into fixing it, so here goes. Any time my car gets wet (rain, etc. has to be a lot of rain though) any time i turn the car off and use the remote to lock the car, the alarm goes off by itself. It doesn't stop either, it's pretty embarrassing. The only way it doesn't do this is when the car is completely dry again. I've been simply manually sliding the locks on the cars that way the alarm isnt set off by the remote. What can i do to disable it, or if it is fixable, what can i do to make it stop automatically going off anytime my car gets wet?! 99 z28. Thanks!!

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sezo View Post
    Hello again guys, to those whom have helped me before. If not, hello anyway. So, this is has been an ongoing issue but haven't put much into fixing it, so here goes. Any time my car gets wet (rain, etc. has to be a lot of rain though) any time i turn the car off and use the remote to lock the car, the alarm goes off by itself. It doesn't stop either, it's pretty embarrassing. The only way it doesn't do this is when the car is completely dry again. I've been simply manually sliding the locks on the cars that way the alarm isnt set off by the remote. What can i do to disable it, or if it is fixable, what can i do to make it stop automatically going off anytime my car gets wet?! 99 z28. Thanks!!
    hmm. Do you have an aftermarket alarm or the factory one?
    1998 TA 130k A4, LS6 intake, TunedByFrost, Airlid, AIR and EGR delete, Borla exhaust, front Eibach lowering springs, LS6 valley cover, UMI TQ arm, UMI LCA's, UMI panhard bar, Poly engine mounts, BMR relocation brackets, Blistein HD shocks and struts, Oil catch can, Autotrix window fix.

Now I have an 2001 F150 5.4L

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    hmm. Do you have an aftermarket alarm or the factory one?
    should be factory!

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

The only thing i can think of is that when os rainning heavy a door/trunk sensor is getting soaked in water internally or your shock sensor is getting wet.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    The only thing i can think of is that when os rainning heavy a door/trunk sensor is getting soaked in water internally or your shock sensor is getting wet.
    Where can i find these sensors? How can i get to them

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sezo View Post
    Where can i find these sensors? How can i get to them
    Well the doors sensors should be around the door frame. I never had mess around with them and I don't own my firebird anymore. I do know that the trunk switch is in the trunk locking mechanism. I find kinda of hard that it could be the issue but if it getting wet it could be. The other one is the shock sensor. That one is in the spare tire area. You have to pull the spare tire out and you will notice a very small black box with a small wiring harness coming into it. The sensor has a small knob to make adjustments. I know that I had issues with that sensor before but not because of water. I think you can unplug it and the alarm works fine it will not go off if someone hits the car hard enough.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Check the hood, trunk and door switches for exposed wiring/corrosion. My car had a similar issue where the alarm would go off by itself. Thought my carbon fiber hood was out of adjustment. Turned out the switch connectors had turned green from oxidation. Sanded contacts with my rotary tool and wire brush an no more issues.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

We have a hood sensor from factory? If so i guess mine was bad because it never went off when i opened the hood a few times to try it.

Bright Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Shock sensor getting wet from condensation build up.......its in the hatch behind the panel on passenger side...it also causes green colored corrosion on the sensors circuit board.....pull it apart ...clean it up and spray a little wd40 in there,,,,did this with mine been all good for couple years now

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian LS1 View Post
    Shock sensor getting wet from condensation build up.......its in the hatch behind the panel on passenger side...it also causes green colored corrosion on the sensors circuit board.....pull it apart ...clean it up and spray a little wd40 in there,,,,did this with mine been all good for couple years now
    thanks man will try that. to confirm, in the spare tire space?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Yes. In the spare area, on top of the wheel Well area. Small black box with a harness plug in to it

Thread Information