Thread: A/C problems.

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

A/C problems.

One day last year I turned my A/C on and freon came flying thru the vents. Rolled the windows down and shut if it. Took it to my standard local shop they said I just had a broken hose, I spend like $600.00 on labor, all new hoses, and new freon. A month later the damn thing stopped working again. I brought it to them they took my freon out and told me my compressor was dead and for like $1000.00 they would have to replace the compressor, condensor and well everything.

My question is about the price and wether I should trust these guys now. I find it real hard to believe my compressor was a month out of going bad when a hose broke and all my freon leaked. I feel they either misdiagnosed it originally or did something wrong that caused my compressor to go out. Nothing I can really do about it other than not take it back to them if you guys tell me there quaks!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Being a mechanic gives me insider info on this stuff that other people don't have. A/C repair is expensive and the people that are the most shocked by this are the people that haven't shopped around yet. Take it somewhere else and you'll find the price is probably the same. Most shops won't discount a/c stuff because it can have other problems and the comebacks kill the profit.If you are not comfortable w/that shop go somewhere else.Maybe they should have replaced some of the oil in the system but it's not an exact science on that.

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

Unhappy Sounds like proper diagnosis

It sounds about right to me as well. A/C repair is just horribly expensive no matter what you do. Some places will give you a warranty with their repairs. Check around if this place won't stand behind their work. Sorry to hear about your aggravation.

Thread Information