00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Broken Window Regulator Roller

Has anyone had a roller break off their power window regulator? My 98 bird has one broke off and im wonderin if I can just replace the roller or if it would be better just to replace the regulator.

silver
    1998 bmw z3

yes very common. you cannot replace just the roller it is the rail that attaches to the window that you will need the dealer should know exactly wat you need when you ask for it. be carefull when drilling rivet out of glass and put the plastic washers back in when installing. you dont want to break the window. also it is much easier if you have a second person to help you with this one to hold the window when installing

Quote Originally Posted by Blownone94 View Post
    yes very common. you cannot replace just the roller it is the rail that attaches to the window that you will need the dealer should know exactly wat you need when you ask for it. be carefull when drilling rivet out of glass and put the plastic washers back in when installing. you dont want to break the window. also it is much easier if you have a second person to help you with this one to hold the window when installing
    hmm. . i dont think it is any part that is directly attached to the window i need. this is the roller that rolls in the track the is attatched to the window. this roller is part of the regulator i believe?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i did... i had to replace the glider and it was a pain in the ass... i had to drill out rivets... to get the old pice out... re rivet the new piece in... ect ect..

also fix it asap if your window slides back and forth... it broke the lock on my door and i ended up having to replace that as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    also fix it asap if your window slides back and forth... it broke the lock on my door and i ended up having to replace that as well...
    its does already beatin up the tint because of this.

i did... i had to replace the glider and it was a pain in the ass... i had to drill out rivets... to get the old pice out... re rivet the new piece in... ect ect..
    when you say glider, are you referrin to the roller that im talkin about? or do you mean the track on the window itself? its been a few months since ive looked at it

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    when you say glider, are you referrin to the roller that im talkin about? or do you mean the track on the window itself? its been a few months since ive looked at it

there is a "_|_" bar in there consisting of two pieces, bottom roller and top roller... i wish i had pictures... the " | " part of the bar is probably the one with the broken roller...

there is a "_|_" bar in there consisting of two pieces, bottom roller and top roller... i wish i had pictures... the " | " part of the bar is probably the one with the broken roller...
    oooh ok i think i see what you mean. so you just replaced the whole bar? you just get it a junk yard?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    oooh ok i think i see what you mean. so you just replaced the whole bar? you just get it a junk yard?
    yeah... the entire bar that holds teh window... the bottom one... i think i said the top one... but the actual roller is on the bottom one and just slide up the top one (|) being the top one... i got it at a gm stealership... there are noe junk yards around here that have LT1 (with the acception of the impala and caprice) or LS1 parts...

yeah... the entire bar that holds teh window... the bottom one... i think i said the top one... but the actual roller is on the bottom one and just slide up the top one (|) being the top one... i got it at a gm stealership... there are noe junk yards around here that have LT1 (with the acception of the impala and caprice) or LS1 parts...
    ok cool . . i guess i didnt realize you could get just that one side (the | ) from the dealer. how much was it?

Thread Information