White
    98 T/A

Broken power antenna

Hey all haven't posted in a while, but i recently ran into a problem where my power antenna is not going up or down. I took out motor and realized the crappy geared plastic wire has broken from the antenna its self. I noticed that the plastic is connected to the actual antenna its self. I would like to know what i would have to do to fix the problem, hopefully not have to buy another assembly. Is there a way to get a new plastic connection wire? Or even just an antenna? I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me out. Thanks

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

What is a > (crappy geared plastic wire) ?

White
    98 T/A

its the white plastic wire inside the assembly that raises and lowers the antenna . i would assume that it is connected to a gear inside the assembly.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by LS1mavrix View Post
    its the white plastic wire inside the assembly that raises and lowers the antenna . i would assume that it is connected to a gear inside the assembly.
    wires are not connected to gears, they are connected to motors. Try to soder it back on.

White
    98 T/A

i guess im not explaining it well enought. "I had that problem in my 94 Formula if its the same which it sounds like it is. If u just get a new antenna they come with the white/clear antenna cable already attached and comeing out the bottom they also come with the tool you need to replace. The hard part is getting the cable deep enough in there to where it can pull itself the rest of the way down." its not a metal cable its plastic with gears on one side. kinda like this <l
    <l
    <l
    <l
    i also posted this question in T/A WS6 forum labeled broken power antenna 98 T/A

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by LS1mavrix View Post
    i guess im not explaining it well enought. "I had that problem in my 94 Formula if its the same which it sounds like it is. If u just get a new antenna they come with the white/clear antenna cable already attached and comeing out the bottom they also come with the tool you need to replace. The hard part is getting the cable deep enough in there to where it can pull itself the rest of the way down." its not a metal cable its plastic with gears on one side. kinda like this <l
    <l
    <l
    <l
    i also posted this question in T/A WS6 forum labeled broken power antenna 98 T/A
    O.K. I got ya.
    Mine broke on me awhile ago. I am pretty good at rigging things, so I got it to work for a while, but it wasn't worth the hassle, cause it broke again. I would just get a new one.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Better yet. IMO F the power antenna. Get a rugular one.

black
    2001 Trans Am

This just happened on my Explorer. You need a new antenna mast. They are kind of expensive through the dealer, but log onto Ebay and search for 98 trans am antenna mast. Mine cost about $25.00 with shipping and takes about 5 minutes to fix. Instructions are included with the new mast. Very easy to do.

White
    98 T/A

antenna mast huh? sounds like a better alternative then to buy a new assembly. thanks guys
    found the mast for 19.99 at autozone, works for me .
    Last edited by LS1mavrix; 03-27-2007 at 04:08 PM.

Thread Information