Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    02 WS6 TA

Brakes and Rotors

Are the rotors and brakes on ebay worth the little money that they cost or are the just cheapies? I desperately need rotors and pads and dont want regular rotors, want drilled and sloted or just drilled.

Black
    1999 Trans am

Get good parts, I bought drilled and slotted roters and HPS pads. I'll post where I purchesd the roters when I get home today. Made a huge difference from stock.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I have slotted/drilled rotors from r1concepts on ebay on both my cars and my buddy runs them on his vette and my brother on his gto. qwkgto bought some for his gto too a couple of weeks ago. That's 5 sets and not a single issue with any of them. In my mind they're definitely worth it. I'm not sure about the other companies.....I've only ordered from r1concepts.
    I bought all 4 rotors for my bird for less than $200 shipped.... I believe it was like $160 or something like that. For that kinda money I had to give them a try. Glad I did.
    Last edited by 0rion; 05-08-2009 at 07:12 AM.

BLACK
    2001 T/A VERT.

YEP!! "R1 concepts " .........I have used 3-sets of their rotor! (Fbody,C5,1500 truck)
    w/no problems!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

good customer service and if you call them you can sometimes get a break on shipping.

Black
    02 WS6 TA

Thumbs up Thanks guys

Thanks guys thats the ones I was looking at R1. Ill be buying them today. I appreciate the info.

SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

The R1 premiums come to 358.00 for front and back drilled and slotted how did you get all for for 200.00?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by devil6rr View Post
    The R1 premiums come to 358.00 for front and back drilled and slotted how did you get all for for 200.00?
    e-series. I just looked up the thread. I bought them august 07 and paid $180 shipped. Can't beat that price. I've made quite a few quarter mile passes with high speed stops since then too and they look brand new still.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

i got mine from the ws6 store for 167.00 for all 4 drilled and slotted i have had them on for 2 years and no probs....i went with the autozone ceramic pads too

98 Formula
    06 duramax

does the ws6 store say who supplies those? I'm sure they're all chinese made and probably all made by the same company. I do notice that the drill/slot patterns are different so I wonder if these companies buy blanks and then do the drilling and slotting themselves.

Black
    02 WS6 TA

Ok stupid auestion probley, can u have them turned if you need, or do you ever need to turn them? I seen them on ebay buy now for 140 -160 or all four front and back, without pads.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I don't see why you couldn't have them turned. I never turn rotors these days. I know a lot turn them even brand new and it's probably not a bad habit to have. I just don't have issues not turning them and until I do I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    does the ws6 store say who supplies those? I'm sure they're all chinese made and probably all made by the same company. I do notice that the drill/slot patterns are different so I wonder if these companies buy blanks and then do the drilling and slotting themselves.
    you know im not sure if they do or not.......

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...876d531488a453
    Last edited by astyles; 05-08-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Black
    02 WS6 TA

cool, thanks for the info. I do have another question about something different. I was cleaning my MAF and on my hood I noticed some screw holes where obviously there was something there at one time it lines up where the ram air scoop on the hood and the ram air box on the motor. Is there a boot or seal that is on the hood that is missing?

black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by clow76 View Post
    cool, thanks for the info. I do have another question about something different. I was cleaning my MAF and on my hood I noticed some screw holes where obviously there was something there at one time it lines up where the ram air scoop on the hood and the ram air box on the motor. Is there a boot or seal that is on the hood that is missing?
    Nope those are where the rivets were for baffels that used to be in the scoops. Common for them to be "missing".

Black
    02 WS6 TA

Talking Got my rotors!

I just bought the drilled and slotted rotors from R1 concepts, and only paid 170 with shipping 40 of it was shipping on ebay. Thank you to all you guys that responded it definetley helped. This is the most helpful website for us TA owners if you ever have any questions about ANYTHING!!! Thanks again!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think you'll be satisfied with them. Update the thread if you would when you get them and get them installed. That way we'll have a record of people that run these and see if anyone has issues with them.

Silver
    1998 hardtop SS

Are you guys painting the hats on these rotors? if not how are they holding up? I'm afraid to run cheap rotors because i don't want them to rust and look like crap. My buddy runs the Bear Decela rotors and they seem to be holding up nice with no paint.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by km346 View Post
    Are you guys painting the hats on these rotors? if not how are they holding up? I'm afraid to run cheap rotors because i don't want them to rust and look like crap. My buddy runs the Bear Decela rotors and they seem to be holding up nice with no paint.
    R1 zinc coats the entire rotor. Mine still look brand new 2 years later.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Just put R1's on last weekend with the posi-quiet ceramic pads all around....$205 for everything shipped to my door in three days.

I like how they taper the slots for stress relief....most other companies don't do that

Thread Information