txff636

Blinkers quit working??

Need help, first the right front blinker (bulb) went out so I replaced the bulb and nothing happened it still wouldn't come on. Now all the running lights work but neither blinker will flash, but if you move the turn signal lever up and down the back blinkers will flash but not the front. Hope that's clear enough Any ideas???

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Think I remember something about the daytime running light system could cause this.I've been looking at wiring diagrams for the past few hours so I'm not going to look this up tonite-maybe tomorrow.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

there is a module under the dash, near the driver's side, to control the daytime running lamps and blinkers. had a friend with his TA that it went out on. took forever to figure it out.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Metallic Navy Blue
    1998 Trans Am

Yeah its either the flasher, or maybe you put the wrong bulb in..? Of course it could always be a wire somewhere too but lets hope not

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Well I said I was going to look this up so here goes-I need some more info to diagnose this first.Does the Daytime Running Lights come on? You say that the parking lights work but do just the front lights come on during the day?-I'm still leaning towards a DRL problem. because the front lights would come on (possibly) and not just the rear ones,if it where a simple flasher problem.These turn signals are alot more complex because of the DRLs.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

My fronts would come on and the rear wouldn't, and sometimes it would reverse, it was my daytime running lamp module

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Yeah-what I'm doing is looking at the factory service manual and it's got a troubleshooting guide.I need more info to narrow it down-unless you just want to throw parts at it,in which case I would get a flasher first(very cheap) and then a DRL module next.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

the thing is if it were a flasher problem it would pertain to a single side
    drl problems can pertain to both sides

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

you got me interested i have the same problem with my right light it will stay on always looks retarded going down the street. a mint clean ss with a light problem. i hate it. i will just read along with you guys.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

It's a little confusing the way he describes the thing-is it just one light or both front.Just one- it's probably the flasher.And the other guy w/the light that stays on,when? During the day? Then it's a bulb on the other side that's burnt out.

blue
    2000 firehawk

check youre front signal harnesses, they are the lowest electrical bulb harnesses in the vehicle and water intrusion is very common. with youre headlamps in the up position you can get youre hand in and remove the signal lamps and check for corrosion or rust. i have replaced countless f-body signal harnesses for these and many other lighting complaints. youre local gm dealer will gladly sell you a new harness which comes with everthing you need to repair this problem.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

He's got a Camaro in the original post.I also just remembered that the 98 up Camaro have separate turnsignal bulbs.Not sure if the same advice applies to that type of circuitry.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by 02z28ls1
    He's got a Camaro in the original post.I also just remembered that the 98 up Camaro have separate turnsignal bulbs.Not sure if the same advice applies to that type of circuitry.
    I guess you are talking about the rear? Actually started in 97, 97 got the new interior, rims and seperate amber turn sigs

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

That's right-in 98 they got the new front end.Anyway my point was that with separate turn signals in the rear is the wiring the same-does it go through the turnsignal switch still? Seems like it shouldn't have to.My 98 service manual shows it doing so, but doesn't show separate tail,brake and turnsignals so I wondering if they didn't make a misprint there.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I don't know why it wouldn't? No factual answer from me on that one though

txff636
    I finally got them fixed, the bulbs just weren't making good contact with the sockets so I bent the little metal contacts inside the sockets and replaced the bulbs. My brother- in-law works at a Pontiac store and gave me the idea. Thanks for everyones input.

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by txff636
    I finally got them fixed, the bulbs just weren't making good contact with the sockets so I bent the little metal contacts inside the sockets and replaced the bulbs. My brother- in-law works at a Pontiac store and gave me the idea. Thanks for everyones input.
    Also make sure you put some dialectic grease in the socket to keep dust and junk form getting into the socket, I had the same problem.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

It's hard to diagnose stuff without being able to look at it-that's the first thing you would look at,and check for power at the socket.

Thread Information