Thread: Beware of dmh

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Beware of dmh

So I was dumb enough to buy a 3" e-cutout valve from them off of ws6store. Basically I bought the 3" to fit into my 3" Borla adjustable catback system (where the adjustable plates go) and I found out that it doesn't fit in there for some reason. I talked it through with ws6 store and they told me to call DMH for an exchange, if they have such a part.

Well I've been trying to get a hold of them for the last, oh..full month; even left a couple of voicemails and I still haven't gotten a return call or answer. A few times the phones wouldn't allow me to leave a voice mail because the box was full! than the next day it would allow me to.. what exactly does that say?

Just plain terrible service, I will do the best I can to steer people away from that headache.

Anyway, secondary to this rant I do have a question that maybe you can answer since DMH will not. Is there an electric valve from DMH (or any other company) that will fit in where the borla adjustable plates go? If not do you know where I could purchase some adjustable Borla plates? Thanks a ton everyone

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I am surprised that ws6 store didnt get in the middle of that one. You should just hand it off to them. I havent heard of any complaints about them. (ws6)Call them back and let them know where you are at in this.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have never heard any negatives about DMS. This is a first. Keep trying to contact either WS6 or DMS directly. MAKE A PAIN IN THE ASS OF YOURSELF IF YOU HAVE TO!!! Just make DAMN sure you let THEM know you paid your hard earned money for a part that doesn't fit. Word of mouth can make or break a business.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

I never had any problems with my DMH cut out when i had my car, but the owner did tell me about a month or two after i sold it that it quit working. lol sweet

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

az gt eater ws6store is helping me out with it, hopefully I can return it..because I did slice the damn wires to extend them just told them that via email, lets see what they send back

Rich, it's been nearly a month of hardcore trying to contact them, and all attempts have failed. I am severely frustrated at them right now; thus why I feel like I have to warn people here before they experience the same thing.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I wonder what is going on over there. This is the second thread about DMH not answering emails or phone calls. It makes me wonder if anything is wrong. From what I understand, Dave is normally pretty good about keeping up on things.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Something DEFINATELY isn't right. Usually, when customer support suffers, it usually means the company is failing. Hopefully this isn't the case.

Sounds like you are trying to do something with that cutout that they were never designed for.

They aren't made to fit into the adjustable plate area of a borla system. So that's not DMH's fault. You need to just make a new place to mount it.

As far as contacting Dave, I lived close so I would just swing in and Dave was always a great guy to deal with. My father still lives close by, and I believe he is going with a dual e-cutout setup from him. Haven't heard anything negative from my father.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

See I completely understand if something isn't right, I really hope Dave and his family are well and his business is doing great. I will never wish misfortune on a good person. but that's the problem with sole proprietorship; especially if one person IS the company. I've constantly and consistently tried to get a hold of their so-called "customer service" and have repeatedly failed, FOR A MONTH STRAIGHT!! If he wont appoint or hire someone to help him out, that is his fault. I feel like I've been screwed over here.

I am willing to give him a chance. I've done my part, it's his turn now. I've left plenty of voice mails for him to get my number, and if he even contacts me and tells me if he has a valve for that place or not, I will change my opinion. But until then, as a new DMH customer, I am completely dissatisfied and frustrated.

Firebirdjones yes your right it's my fault for buying the part for something it wasn't meant to do. But I have been told by select members of this community that they have put a DMH valve where I wanted to put it without any customization needed. I was hoping I just got the wrong valve, but DMH wont answer their damn phones so I don't know lol

by the way, Ws6store has really helped me through all this in case anybody was wondering. After I told them of my failed attempts they said they would take it back less a restocking fee and shipping. And that's after 30 days and after I cut the wire to extend it..

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    See I completely understand if something isn't right, I really hope Dave and his family are well and his business is doing great. I will never wish misfortune on a good person. but that's the problem with sole proprietorship; especially if one person IS the company. I've constantly and consistently tried to get a hold of their so-called "customer service" and have repeatedly failed, FOR A MONTH STRAIGHT!! If he wont appoint or hire someone to help him out, that is his fault. I feel like I've been screwed over here.

I am willing to give him a chance. I've done my part, it's his turn now. I've left plenty of voice mails for him to get my number, and if he even contacts me and tells me if he has a valve for that place or not, I will change my opinion. But until then, as a new DMH customer, I am completely dissatisfied and frustrated.

Firebirdjones yes your right it's my fault for buying the part for something it wasn't meant to do. But I have been told by select members of this community that they have put a DMH valve where I wanted to put it without any customization needed. I was hoping I just got the wrong valve, but DMH wont answer their damn phones so I don't know lol

by the way, Ws6store has really helped me through all this in case anybody was wondering. After I told them of my failed attempts they said they would take it back less a restocking fee and shipping. And that's after 30 days and after I cut the wire to extend it..
    That sounds pretty fair, and what we all expect of the ws6 store. Hopefully this has exposed you to them, and next time you have a ?, you can get it answered beforehand directly from them. And, thanks for the thread, this is all info we can use down the road.

Thread Information