Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Best place to buy a WS6 hood

I checked for hoods but the warnings are scary where can I find a hood that would fit right and not cost a fortune

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    I checked for hoods but the warnings are scary where can I find a hood that would fit right and not cost a fortune
    I'm not 100% up on T/A hoods, but if it's anything like the Camaro, OEM is the way to go. Just start searching craigslist and calling around to scrap yards.

Impounded
    i have a TruFiber hood on mine (had to replace thanks to a dumbass driver who cant back out of a parking spot!) but fit great. looks nearly identical (the only differences...is the intake grille (some nasty mesh stuff) and the Ram Air inletsdont have a little indention around them. other than that...the differences are blind to the untrained eye

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

Fortune and ws6 hood go hand and hand if you are looking for oem

Black

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    i have a TruFiber hood on mine (had to replace thanks to a dumbass driver who cant back out of a parking spot!) but fit great. looks nearly identical (the only differences...is the intake grille (some nasty mesh stuff) and the Ram Air inletsdont have a little indention around them. other than that...the differences are blind to the untrained eye
    Thanks a lot great price I'm in Canada I wonder about shipping ??? I will email and find out contemplating the WS9 hood since it isn't a WS6 to start with maybe it would look cool and a little different I really appreciate the feedback My black baby would look great I assume it comes primer grey?

i have a VFN hood and it fits very well

Impounded
    Thanks a lot great price I'm in Canada I wonder about shipping ??? I will email and find out contemplating the WS9 hood since it isn't a WS6 to start with maybe it would look cool and a little different I really appreciate the feedback My black baby would look great I assume it comes primer grey?
    its white actually...but ready for paint reguardless... they have the ws9 with the heat extractors and the "ws6 lookalike" but. they both look beast IMO. ill get a pic up this wekend hopefully...
    i love mine. i just hope it holds up throughout the years...i figure that itll need repainting ina few years tho
    alos it was like 150 for shipping i believe..

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I also have a Trufiber and mine fit great. it just needed a little finishing sanding. they do have a stainless mesh grill in the front and back under the "runners" for heat extraction. But 98Rk on here got one and he told me his looked like someone laid a 2x4 across it when it was being made. i guess its just luck of the draw. And i guess since you got yours theyve added the indents around the front.

on the VFN they use factory grills

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    i have a VFN hood and it fits very well
    sell it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    sell it to him.
    now your thinking with your dipstick

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    now your thinking with your dipstick
    but what if you win cotm? without a hood? hmm....

Black

Cool

its white actually...but ready for paint reguardless... they have the ws9 with the heat extractors and the "ws6 lookalike" but. they both look beast IMO. ill get a pic up this wekend hopefully...
    i love mine. i just hope it holds up throughout the years...i figure that itll need repainting ina few years tho
    alos it was like 150 for shipping i believe..
    How does the mesh grill look and did you need a lot of frigging around to get it to fit? Why would you need repainting ?

Impounded
    How does the mesh grill look and did you need a lot of frigging around to get it to fit? Why would you need repainting ?
    fit is excellent...just a hair too short from the headlights (1/8 inch difference maybe if you wanna get picky)...better than my firends VFN camaro hood... (LOL Sorry Jack)
    ehh its something you have to get used to... i mean i looked for months on craigslist and ebay.. found 4 or 5 i think that were either a little damaged themselves or ridiculous on their prices.
    but im used to the mesh grille now... looks nice IMO...unless your an OEM guy and you could buy the Plastic Grille from Classic Industries and insert then and mess with it to drill them in...but like i said i felt like it wasnt worth the trouble for a small "improvement" to achieve OEM look...
    i mean its hard to make these cars look bad...and something this small... no one notices (but you will)... i still get compliments all the time...
    haha had a elder dude in a 2005+ Z06 give me a thumbs up in evansville just last night

and that pisses me off about the indentions...that was the thing that stood out the most to me...

Black
    1998 Trans Am

^^^ I also like the mesh grill. It makes the front stand out

Impounded
    yes well ive never been much for OEM parts... but OEM quality is hard to match...

but if i ever need another hood again...id go with trufiber without blinking an eye
    Last edited by BashamWS6; 11-25-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I'd go OEM if you can find one at a good price. I have a WS9 and the amount of extra prep isn't worth it.

Black

?????

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    I'd go OEM if you can find one at a good price. I have a WS9 and the amount of extra prep isn't worth it.
    You bought a TRuFiber WS9 hood and it would be more work than a Tru Fiber WS6 hood or what do you mean?????

Black

Indentions???

fit is excellent...just a hair too short from the headlights (1/8 inch difference maybe if you wanna get picky)...better than my firends VFN camaro hood... (LOL Sorry Jack)
    ehh its something you have to get used to... i mean i looked for months on craigslist and ebay.. found 4 or 5 i think that were either a little damaged themselves or ridiculous on their prices.
    but im used to the mesh grille now... looks nice IMO...unless your an OEM guy and you could buy the Plastic Grille from Classic Industries and insert then and mess with it to drill them in...but like i said i felt like it wasnt worth the trouble for a small "improvement" to achieve OEM look...
    i mean its hard to make these cars look bad...and something this small... no one notices (but you will)... i still get compliments all the time...
    haha had a elder dude in a 2005+ Z06 give me a thumbs up in evansville just last night

and that pisses me off about the indentions...that was the thing that stood out the most to me...
    What do you mean by indentions and would it be inconvenient to send me a pic at tplmcl@gmail.com of the hood mesh grill and fit I would appreciate it

Cheers and thanks again I am ordering a hood this winter for sure and trying to figure out about a 3200 stall converter and tranny parts to make it work or just go 3:73 gears or both depending on the budget!!!!! Supercharger is what I want but man they are pricey

Impounded
    @Durango
    my cars a bit durty thanks to the 30 days of rain!!!
    but ill get some tonight tho so you can see...
    i believe it is $479 with $150 shipping i think
    im saticfied with my hood

Thread Information