Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue
    2000 Camaro Z28

best o2 sensors??

I haven't done lt headers yet,, but plan to this fall... my car is running a little rich and looking to change my o2 sensors. So would like to get the right o2 sensors so when i do my long tubes i wont have to buy them again,,, i searched the topic and found people recommending the Denso 234-4025 or the bosch 13111. My question is do i need 2 of the same part # or are they different part numbers on each side??? for the price and what i read is the denso is favored... and cheaper.. do i just need 2x part # 234-4025.... thanks

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Yep. Two of the same.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The Bosch 13111 sensors are a good choice as they come with a nice long wire harness. When you upgrade to LT's, you won't need harness extensions as the Bosch units will go the extra distance needed.

Blue
    2000 Camaro Z28

Are the Denso not extended also?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have no idea.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Some people have problems with bosch sensors not working correctly with their cars... Me being one of them, my new bosch sensors went out within a few thousand miles and switched VERY slowly. The denso's are oem so why not go with them? If you get denso part no. 234-4617 it will be the correct length for lt's. I have personally watched the 2 sensors switch side by side on my car (the bosch was 2 months old) and the denso switched much faster and they are still going strong almost 2 years later.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Over two years with our Bosch sensors and no issues at all.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Not saying they dont I've heard of some people being fine with them and others the car wont even run. I had issues to I switched and the general consensus is that there are better sensors than bosch out there for the same money like ntk or denso. Like I said though I can vouch with my own eyes seeing the densos switch much faster than the bosches

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Over two years with our Bosch sensors and no issues at all.
    Same here.

Blue
    2000 Camaro Z28

Ok i keep hearing mixed reviews on both bosch and denso,,, let me ask you all this...

Ones running Bosch where did you buy them and what year is you car??
    Ones running Denso where did you buy them and what year is you car??

I know that there are small differences in the ecm from the 98-02 ranges... im just wondering why some people love one brand and hate another....lol there's got be some science behind this... or is it just some people see Bosch=Ford??? lol
    Thanks for all the input,,,

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

My car is a '99, and I think I shopped them online for the best price. It's been a few years, so I don't remember exactly where I ordered them from. Never had an issue though.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

'02 Trans Am and bought them at the local Autozone.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

My car is a '99 and I bought my Bosch sensors at NAPA. Never had a problem with them.
    The Bosch and Denso sensors should both work just fine. If you go the parts store, ask for rear O2 sensors for a 2000 Corvette. those are the sensors with the long harness and the correct connector for an F-body. From there, they'll ask you what brand you want.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

well i have bosch's in my 2000 Z28 with LT's and im not having much luck my bank 2 sensor, it keeps tripping. i watched the live data and it would take 5 seconds to switch when bank 1 was switching instantly!

I run Bosch 13111's in both of my 4th gens with long tubes and have never had an issue. I did however have issues with the GM sensors on one of the cars, kept setting heater codes on cold days. Stopped when I switched to bosch sensors.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Cutlass and FBJ don't need told this, but FWIW the O2 sensors need to come up to temp to operate properly and have a heating element that helps achieve this. Also, upon cold startup, our cars run in open loop and do not accept feedback from the O2 senders to adjust fueling. Once the PCM switches over to closed loop it them looks to the sensor data and adjusts fueling accordingly. Obviously, there is a lot more going on, but this gives a basic idea of how they work.

Right on Jeff, and the stock 02's are mounted pretty close to the engine with stock manifolds, which helps the heating issue.
    Going to longtubes moves the 02's so far down stream that sometimes warmup issues raise their ugly heads and you get heater codes tripping That was the problem I had.

They will all tend to get lazy with age and mileage and have slow switching issues. Which is why it's recommended they be changed as regular maintanance every 50-60,000 miles or so no matter what brand you choose.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Right on Jeff, and the stock 02's are mounted pretty close to the engine with stock manifolds, which helps the heating issue.
    Going to longtubes moves the 02's so far down stream that sometimes warmup issues raise their ugly heads and you get heater codes tripping That was the problem I had.

They will all tend to get lazy with age and mileage and have slow switching issues. Which is why it's recommended they be changed as regular maintanance every 50-60,000 miles or so no matter what brand you choose.
    how does every 5,000 sound cause thats what im at and having random problems again car runs fine for a bit then throws a code, i clear the code then it runs fine, then 3000-5000 miles latter code trips again

Quote Originally Posted by My00Z28 View Post
    how does every 5,000 sound cause thats what im at and having random problems again car runs fine for a bit then throws a code, i clear the code then it runs fine, then 3000-5000 miles latter code trips again
    What code are you getting? If you are having issues after 5,000 miles, it might be a faulty sensor, and they should have a replacement warranty on them. I know my Bosch sensors I bought locally were covered for a short time (just can't remember how long) But if there were a problem it would usually happen pretty quick anyway, such as your case.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

it was something bank 2 sensor 1 low voltage bla bla bla p0151 or something like that the sensors were new at the beginning of the year B2S1 was then replaced under warranty about a 1-2 months ago and same issues! bosch 13111's

Thread Information