Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBK LT headers

blue
    2001 WS6

BBK LT headers

The RT side is very close to floor pan at collector. LT side good. Called BBK NO HELP!!! Motor mounts look ok. ???? Is this normal? Now has misfire at temp. Bank 2 lean. Cut O2 sen to lengthen.

Silver
    2002 Camaro ss

Hey, did you ever figure out what the problem was? I'm looking at getting a set of BBK LTs and Y Pipe and it would be nice to know what ended up happening

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by mitchiels1 View Post
    Hey, did you ever figure out what the problem was? I'm looking at getting a set of BBK LTs and Y Pipe and it would be nice to know what ended up happening
    I don't know of too many LS1ers on here running BBK LT's....Why not go with Pacesetter's or SS LT's with Texas Speed Y??? There's plenty of guys running the Ebay SS LT's with no issues. Just a suggestion.

black
    02 ws6, samurai on 40's

ive got bbk lt's. the pass side is pretty close to the floor board. but i havent had any issues. ever. imo bbk are the best deal, price,stainless, plus easy fitment/install.....
    02 ws6,m6,umi sfc, bbk lt's,y pipe,stainless borla straight pipew/dynomax bullet,160 stat,4.10's,umi adj trq arm,k&n,sportlines,kyb agx's,98mm clear lid,all free mods,d-scrnd mass,fernco,e3 plugs,short stick,tunedbyfrost,no hood baffles,hood to air box w/adh. foam,needs a cam

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by stunna p View Post
    ive got bbk lt's. the pass side is pretty close to the floor board. but i havent had any issues. ever. imo bbk are the best deal, price,stainless, plus easy fitment/install.....
    They are not labeling their longtube Fbody headers being stainless. Only Chrome, and ceramic coated. Is stainless an option?

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

I'm pretty confident they are NOT stainless. Only steel or Ceramic Coated. But at least we have one good review with someone who has them ON their ride....I would still go with the major brands not named SLP

black
    02 ws6, samurai on 40's

yeah i just looked at bbk's web site, and it doesnt list stainless. however the set i got from them directly says stainless on the box, aswell they arent chromed. there definatly stainless. interesting huh...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

yeah i just looked at bbk's web site, and it doesnt list stainless. however the set i got from them directly says stainless on the box, aswell they arent chromed. there definatly stainless. interesting huh...
    What was the price?

black
    02 ws6, samurai on 40's

$ 369.99 shipped!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

$ 369.99 shipped!
    Hmmmm.... pictures?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm going to guess it was due to him cutting the sensor harness instead of buying pre-made extenstions. Pretty common. Buy the premade extensions or use bosch 13111 sensors that have a longer harness......I've seen too many issues when people start cutting those wires.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

+ 1

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

buddy redbird555 has the chrome ones and he likes em
    pretty good clearance all around
    good bang for your buck

Silver
    2002 Camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    I don't know of too many LS1ers on here running BBK LT's....Why not go with Pacesetter's or SS LT's with Texas Speed Y??? There's plenty of guys running the Ebay SS LT's with no issues. Just a suggestion.
    Lots of people running the pace setter/ texas speed setup with no issues on this forum? I know that for w-body cars (grand prix, regal, monte, impala) the pacesetters arent that great of a header....but thats for those cars....
    any comments/ suggestions?

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Lots of people running the pace setter/ texas speed setup with no issues on this forum? I know that for w-body cars (grand prix, regal, monte, impala) the pacesetters arent that great of a header....but thats for those cars....
    any comments/ suggestions?
    I can honestly say bro that ALOT of LS1 owners run Pacesetter and Texas speed exhaust products. The only major gripe some have is that the Pacesetter ORY has fitment issues (in other words it doesn't just fit without some type of fabrication) For our cars Pacesetter's is a great reliable LT or shorty set up that is reasonably priced. Based on the totality of LS1 forums the Texas Speed Y pipe is by far a better fitting Y than the Pacesetter. So, there you go. You cannot miss with this set up. Just go to Texas-Speed.com......the KEY for this install is to make sure you use new STOCK GM exhaust gaskets for whichever header you go with. This way you won't have leaks.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    I can honestly say bro that ALOT of LS1 owners run Pacesetter and Texas speed exhaust products. The only major gripe some have is that the Pacesetter ORY has fitment issues (in other words it doesn't just fit without some type of fabrication) For our cars Pacesetter's is a great reliable LT or shorty set up that is reasonably priced. Based on the totality of LS1 forums the Texas Speed Y pipe is by far a better fitting Y than the Pacesetter. So, there you go. You cannot miss with this set up. Just go to Texas-Speed.com......the KEY for this install is to make sure you use new STOCK GM exhaust gaskets for whichever header you go with. This way you won't have leaks.
    I agree with all of that except for maybe the gaskets......I've reused the old gaskets several times with no leaking issues. Granted, they're cheap to just replace but most of the time people are running on the ragged edge money wise when they're doing headers so every little bit helps. I would say if you have the money by all means use new OEM gaskets but in a pinch you will most likely be ok re-using your stockers.
    I run pacesetter LT's and Y. They're a pretty good header for the money. I had to grind the casting tab on the drivers side of the block and had to play with the angle of the I-pipe going over the axle to get it to not bang but other than that they're definitely worth the money. If I had it to do again I would most likely try out the OBX headers on ebay. Frost posted some pics of an OBX setup one of his customers had and it looked awesome...he was also impressed with them and his word is enough for me.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Talking

Right on ORION......I couldn't agree more. Yes, many guys do re-use the old STOCK gaskets with no problems. Not the worst idea. I say just stay away from the incompetent paper gaskets you receive with many of today's aftermarket headers....

black
    02 ws6, samurai on 40's

i hate that i cant attach pic's

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

i hate that i cant attach pic's
    What pics were you going to post??

blue
    2001 WS6

Initial packaging/delivery error. Received with damage at the collector from shipping. Had to send out for new ones. The offroad y-pipe doesn't fit very well on a manual trans. It is not a bolt on. Have to take to an exhaust shop to correct. Other than that it sounds great through a 40 series flowmaster. Fixed the bank lean with the bosch 13111, great price on amazon. Now just need it dynotuned or tuned by frost! Overall happy with the purchase.

Thread Information