Thread: Battery Tender?

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firehawk

Question Battery Tender?

I am considering buying either the Battery Tender Plus or the Battery Tender Jr. The Battery Tender Plus costs $60 and the Battery Tender Jr. costs $40.

The Battery Tender Plus is a 1.25 amp battery charger designed to fully charge a battery and maintain it at proper storage voltage without the damaging effects caused by trickle chargers. Included is a quick connect harness for hard to reach areas.

The Battery Tender Junior is a 750 mA charger that is much more than a trickle charger. It has a brain. It's lightweight, compact, and fully automatic; very easy to use, especially in small spaces. It will keep your battery fully charged so that it is ready to go when you are!

Is the Battery Tender Plus worth the extra $20??

I have the Plus and use it to charge all different types of batteries..seadoo, car, lawnmower. I leave it on my seadoo battery all winter long. I wouldn't buy anything else. You can find it for around $50 shipped if you look hard enough. I bought mine about 3 yrs ago.

Chris

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Use the selection guide at thier website

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by chris01ss View Post
    I have the Plus and use it to charge all different types of batteries..seadoo, car, lawnmower. I leave it on my seadoo battery all winter long. I wouldn't buy anything else. You can find it for around $50 shipped if you look hard enough. I bought mine about 3 yrs ago.

Chris
    Thanks, I appreciate the feedback Chris.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Battery Tender Plus here. Works great.

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

As long as when you use it do not hook it up if the batter is still in your car hooked up and have an alarm. My Dad thought he was doing me a favor and instead of pulling the battery on my TA and GSX-R (both have alarms) he hooked it up and kept them charged. The batterys were still good when I got home but it fried the entire alarm on my GSX-R (out $600) and my TA wouldnt even roll over due to the alarm setting off a security code.

Quote Originally Posted by Young11b View Post
    As long as when you use it do not hook it up if the batter is still in your car hooked up and have an alarm. My Dad thought he was doing me a favor and instead of pulling the battery on my TA and GSX-R (both have alarms) he hooked it up and kept them charged. The batterys were still good when I got home but it fried the entire alarm on my GSX-R (out $600) and my TA wouldnt even roll over due to the alarm setting off a security code.
    That sounds strange, maybe it was just a fluke.
    I have 4 battery tenders for various cars that sit, one of them being the 02 SS. I've never had a problem with anything on it, and I don't bother to disconnect the battery.
    My buddy has a 98 WS6 he bought new, it's been sitting on a battery tender since day one (only has 5,000 miles on it) He doesn't disconnect either, and he's never had an issue. Works great. I just hook them up and let it go without worry.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones:2713838
    Quote Originally Posted by Young11b View Post
    That sounds strange, maybe it was just a fluke.
    I have 4 battery tenders for various cars that sit, one of them being the 02 SS. I've never had a problem with anything on it, and I don't bother to disconnect the battery.
    My buddy has a 98 WS6 he bought new, it's been sitting on a battery tender since day one (only has 5,000 miles on it) He doesn't disconnect either, and he's never had an issue. Works great. I just hook them up and let it go without worry.
    Same here. Ivwouldnt stress $20 and go with the plus.

I personally have schumacher's and zero complaints.
    "Some people live for the rules..... I live for exceptions" N. Hexum

White w/black leather
    1995 Ford Cobra #259

I've had my tender plus for years now! Works Great!!! I got mine on E/bay, brand new, in the package. I pretty sure it was around $45.00. but that was a while ago.

Thread Information