Thumbs down Banks And Back Fires what does it meen?????

My 2001 camaro z28 is back firing and it just started however for the past year my engine light has been on and once in a while flashes it says something about bank 2 being insufficient flow or something similar someone told me my o2 sensors were bad but I changed them and no luck also have changed the plugs just installed e3s car is in exccellent shape.?????????????

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the actual code number would be helpful...beyond that it's a real guessing game. Check for vacuum leaks and clean your MAF is kind of a standard answer. Have those codes read and post the actual codes. You can check the pcv hose that goes into the intake...those like to crack on the backside where it makes the turn to go into the intake and it'll create a vacuum leak there.

Thanx thats very helpful, can't find printout with codes may have trashed it. but can tell you the f'in moron that I bought it from made himself and air filter. lets put it this way after owning the car for four months and him coming over to get his old amp and telling me of his creation I was very hot he put 20,000 in parts on this car, everything is after market and decided to put a home made piece of garbage in there he may as well of dumped 10lbs of sand down the intake it was obviously not working to keep out the elements. So I am thinkin MAF too good call. the car was only exposed for about 5,000mls motor has no metal still running well but no power often and back fires. also this guy couldn't figure out this engine light, can not belive an engineer could be this damn stupid.

red
    99 camaro

Insufficient flow sounds like converter stopped up to me. Mine had that problem and I just hollowed them out. All is good now. BTW it was my pass side converter that was melted internally.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by slowride1269 View Post
    Thanx thats very helpful, can't find printout with codes may have trashed it. but can tell you the f'in moron that I bought it from made himself and air filter. lets put it this way after owning the car for four months and him coming over to get his old amp and telling me of his creation I was very hot he put 20,000 in parts on this car, everything is after market and decided to put a home made piece of garbage in there he may as well of dumped 10lbs of sand down the intake it was obviously not working to keep out the elements. So I am thinkin MAF too good call. the car was only exposed for about 5,000mls motor has no metal still running well but no power often and back fires. also this guy couldn't figure out this engine light, can not belive an engineer could be this damn stupid.
    I would probably lean towards the vacuum leak but again it depends on what your codes were for. Sounds like you're lean to me. Won't hurt to clean your MAF but look at that pcv hose and make sure it isn't split on the backside while you're under the hood.

thanks guys great help got me on the right track very much appreciated

Thread Information