Rally Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Unhappy bangin and clangin

I've got a real clangy sound coming from whatsounds like my top end somewhere, in the heads I think. I tried the hose stethoscope and I think I got it pegged in the passenger side toward the back. It comes and goes completely. Most of the time it isn't there at all, but when it is, it is usually when idling downfrom RPMs over 2500 or so, sometimes it does it on startup, but not for long. Any ideas? Lifters, valves, ..........a rod???

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by cslascro View Post
    I've got a real clangy sound coming from whatsounds like my top end somewhere, in the heads I think. I tried the hose stethoscope and I think I got it pegged in the passenger side toward the back. It comes and goes completely. Most of the time it isn't there at all, but when it is, it is usually when idling downfrom RPMs over 2500 or so, sometimes it does it on startup, but not for long. Any ideas? Lifters, valves, ..........a rod???

Are you a m6? if yes, does it happen like when rpms are dropping: for instances like shifting out of gear and going to neutral? Or when you are just idling like a stop sign or light? how bout when you take off from a stop? If yes it could be your Cat starting to go out? Mine did almost the samething it sound like my clutch was going out but then after bout two weeks it went away. I drove it really hard and then it stop making the nosie. then bout two week later my SES light came on with a DTC: P0420. My nosie sounded like a Rattling noise kinda like how the clutch sounds when their isnt no material left.

Thread Information