Member Since Aug 2000 LS1 Eddie's Avatar

Baer Brake Kit and Wheel clearence

Alright boys I'm thinking about dropping the hammer on some serious brakes. Since my car is a 1995 I basically have the bottom of the barrel brakes on my car to begin with, and could put 98+ brakes on it.....but what fun would that be?

Anyways heres my question to those with these bigger brake kits with the 6 piston calipers. Do I have to keep my 17's on all the time? I would like to run my OEM 16's for the track because the chrome ZR-1s kill the rotating mass. Who has some experience with upgraded brakes?
    1995 Camaro Z-28
    Black/Neutral|A4 GU5
    Modifications:
    Borla, MAC Mid's, SLP Level 1 Suspension with Prokit, SLP STB, SLP CAI, 1LE Elbow,Phillips HID, Advanced Induction 180cc Heads/224 Cam,Built 355, Yank 3200

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Don't go with Baer. They take about 12-14 weeks to get the kits and they are shit. We changed our Innovator Camaro here at Year One to Stainless Steel Brake Company. Service is better, quiker to get, and all around better. Bearing and seals pads you can get from the local parts store. That is just an opinion but it is back up by all of our cars here at work.

Member Since Aug 2000 LS1 Eddie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG D's SS
    Don't go with Baer. They take about 12-14 weeks to get the kits and they are shit. We changed our Innovator Camaro here at Year One to Stainless Steel Brake Company. Service is better, quiker to get, and all around better. Bearing and seals pads you can get from the local parts store. That is just an opinion but it is back up by all of our cars here at work.
    Where can I take a look at this kit? Is it possiable you can answer my question about the wheels?

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Most of the kits require 17's or even 18's. Look on our website www.yearone.com. You can check out the SSBC brake kits.

Thread Information