5 ltr. beater

anyone know how to have ALL lights on at once?

i figured out how to have my fog lights on while my high beams are on; but i also want to have my regular lights on, and my high beams and my fogs on at the same time. i know there is a bypass mod to do underneath the panel below the steering wheel to achieve this, but i forgot what wire to bypass. anyone know which one/s?

White
    1999 Trans Am WS6

I've got a link saved on my home computer from a page that shows how to do it, I'll link it up tonight.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Tell me

What is the scoop on keeping the fogs with high beams on?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea, mind telling us the point behiend this madness....

5 ltr. beater
    dude, the view at night is amazing. our lights our soooo bright!!!! if you can get around to it, please post the link?

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

dude -your going to mmelt your alternator!! where would you turn all this on at night anyway? Imagine if you will the retina melt an oncoming driver would experience!!

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Whats the point of having the high beams, regular, and fog lights on at the same time...let me guess because it looks cool. To me, this thread seems like it would be a hot topic in a honda forum, not a domestic site. Sorry guys, but I think this idea is stupid and wrong, there is no reason why you need all the lights on at once.

White
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Link for the do-it-yourselfers

Well, I can see how you'd want to have the regular headlights on with the high beams. As far as the fogs go, I guess GM didn't put that neat little switch into the Camaros like they did the Firebirds so you can turn them on or off anytime. I dunno, I think on the Firebirds at least it looks neat to have the fogs on with the regular headlights, and since they're lower to the ground I don't think it would do any blinding. It's not like some trucks that get behind me that are just at that certain height and it's like ten suns going directly into my eyeballs from the rearview and side mirrors. Eek.

5 ltr. beater
    thanx for the link yo! again, i'm NOT going to sit there at night driving with all the lights on ALL the time! that's just dumb! but it's just cool to know that if i want to, i can have all the lights on at once......that's all.

Blue
    1980 Camaro-4sale

I would like having the low/high beams on the same time. Makes for great highway driving if you have to go around corners, and it's just easier on the eyes.

Fogs lights are just not curtious to have on in town/around people. If you're in a truck and are blinding people wtih them, get ready to hear many curses. And it's just stuipd. Don't be oine of the people that go around town with them on just to "look" cool, it's dumb, and hurts the aproaching motorists eyes.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Camaros have a switch for the fog lights like the Firebird, it's in a different place that's all. As far as the high beams go-I don't see where you need more light than what's available there already-but switching to a different bulb can certainly make them brighter if that's what you need. The fog lights don't really contribute much to forward visibility, I use them for other people to see me better-it gets their attention-so to my opinion it's a safety issue to have them on with the low beams. Shutting them off with the high beams just makes good sense because they aren't contributing to forward visibilty that far forward anyway. I never use my high beams except in short bursts because of all the other traffic around here won't allow it-even in the middle of the night. And I hate people with super bright lights on at night in traffic-seems kind of childish and selfish if not down right dangerous -to other people of course-not the pig-head doing it.

Thread Information