Thread: Any one know?

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Any one know?

Alright i drive a 1999 firebird, an since my last oil change when my car is settin there idleing wether it be in park warming up or if im settin at a stop light it starts to putter out an ocassionaly dies depending how long it sets there an putters, and my oil gauge is fidgety the needle is movin quite a bit while this happens an when i hit the gas the needle will go up to the normal range an stay there, so i dont know if its maybe oil pump or something involving oil or if its somethin fuel related, so if anybody has any ideas on what it is an what i need to do to fix this problem it would be very helpful thanks

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

It's proly NOT the oil pump @ all. The needle is jumpy because of the poor idle issue. What mods? SES light? Need tune? Posts lacks info, and periods, jk.lol
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    1999 WS6

I agree. I think the low pressure you see is from the low idle. I'm not sure about the rest of you guys/gals, but I also had a ground problem with my 99 that caused the lights to be dim at idle as well as idling weird. I ran a new ground wire to frame and everything seemed fine after that.

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Yes the SES light is on, it's from my o2 sensor an my tranny is slipping. But the car has no mods its all stock not by choice money is just tight an ill be gettin a tune up on it here shortly an ill check about the ground wire. Would anybody happen to know what it would cost to have a tranny rebuilt or a website that sells new ones at a decent price? i do believe its the 4l60E, its just what ever comes stock on the 99 3.8 liter....

my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

sounds like an air/ fuel problem

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

vacuum leak?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

how long since your last tune up? How old is the battery? Any issues starting the car?

red
    1999 pontiac trans am

Question 99 Firebird TA

Had that with my 99 trans am also. had to change the coil, plugs, wires and fuel injector on cylinder 8. Strangely, i just put headers, and an exhaust system on my car. The guy asked me why I changed all the plugs and wires except cylinder #8 plug or the wires??? seems like this is a chronic prob with cylinder 8 the hardest damn plug to get to. that might be adding to my recent problems of fuel air delivery malfunction. who knows???

Thread Information