Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I probably hate you bowtieguy02SS's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 SS

another fox/ls1 swap

ok now before you people start flaming away, lets please not let this site become like tech. i dont care to hear your opinions about crossbreeding, halfbreed, blasphemy, blah blah blah.... i have literally looked for hours on end for the last week to find any info i could on this swap and the first 5 pages of google are links to tech or other ford and mustang sites just bashing people and not giving any advice

i just took delivery of a nice 89 lx completely restored, built rearend w/4.10s upgraded brakes (disk) in all 4 corners.. full suspension. literally 8-10k was spent on body/ custom interior alone. guess guy ran into financial trouble or got tired of wrenching on it.

as the title states im dropping an ls?/t56/4l60E combo in it. i was just want to know if anyoe has or knows someone firsthand who has done this swap. what to expect and a general list of parts i will need to complete, with the t56 4l60E

so far i have:

1.) rolling chassis completed
    2.) AJE ls1 k member on its way w/ motor mounts

im hoping to find a complete dropout of an ls1/6/2. decent prices on all. from what i have read this seems like a fairly simple swap. i could be wrong, but i want to give it a shot.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Local guy I know from another board did this. I do not know any of the details tho...

I could give you his contact info..

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 SS

^^^ yes that would be f'in amazing if you did! pm me once you clear it with him so im not some weird stranger

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by bowtieguy02SS View Post
    ^^^ yes that would be f'in amazing if you did! pm me once you clear it with him so im not some weird stranger
    Ok.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

I have a friend that's doing a turbo ls motor in his notch back right now!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2002 WS6 TA VERT M6 HOOKER SUPER COMPS ORY AND CAT BACK TUNE DONE BY CHARLES AT GREAD TUNNING!!

2007 Z71 EXTENDED CAB PROGRAMMER COLD AIR
    TRUE DUALS

98 Formula
    06 duramax

ok now before you people start flaming away, lets please not let this site become like tech. i dont care to hear your opinions about crossbreeding, halfbreed, blasphemy, blah blah blah.... i have literally looked for hours on end for the last week to find any info i could on this swap and the first 5 pages of google are links to tech or other ford and mustang sites just bashing people and not giving any advice

i just took delivery of a nice 89 lx completely restored, built rearend w/4.10s upgraded brakes (disk) in all 4 corners.. full suspension. literally 8-10k was spent on body/ custom interior alone. guess guy ran into financial trouble or got tired of wrenching on it.

as the title states im dropping an ls?/t56/4l60E combo in it. i was just want to know if anyoe has or knows someone firsthand who has done this swap. what to expect and a general list of parts i will need to complete, with the t56 4l60E

so far i have:

1.) rolling chassis completed
    2.) AJE ls1 k member on its way w/ motor mounts

im hoping to find a complete dropout of an ls1/6/2. decent prices on all. from what i have read this seems like a fairly simple swap. i could be wrong, but i want to give it a shot.
    won't catch any BS here for that swap......I think it's pretty bad ass myself.

When you do this swap document it really well and put a thread up on here about it with pics if possible. I'd be really interested in watching that swap play out. Good luck!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I've seen this done quite a few times. Actually the LX platform is much more friendly both from a cost perspective, and mechanical perspective.
    I prefer the 4 link rear suspension setup over the torque arm, and the 8.8 that is already in there will take tons of abuse. Not to mention you are starting with a lighter weight platform to begin with.

I've seen motor mount kits for this swap somewhere before as well. It's gotten popular enough to the point that the parts are out there to do it relatively easily.

Very cool, good luck with it, and like Orion said, start a build thread on it.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    won't catch any BS here for that swap......I think it's pretty bad ass myself.

When you do this swap document it really well and put a thread up on here about it with pics if possible. I'd be really interested in watching that swap play out. Good luck!!
    thanks for the idea, i was planning on that, unfortunately you'll all have to wait a few weeks so i get some pic of her on here, im in iraq, and ill be going home in like 2 weeks for my leave and installing the new k member

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I've seen this done quite a few times. Actually the LX platform is much more friendly both from a cost perspective, and mechanical perspective.
    I prefer the 4 link rear suspension setup over the torque arm, and the 8.8 that is already in there will take tons of abuse. Not to mention you are starting with a lighter weight platform to begin with.

I've seen motor mount kits for this swap somewhere before as well. It's gotten popular enough to the point that the parts are out there to do it relatively easily.

Very cool, good luck with it, and like Orion said, start a build thread on it.

aje makes the k memeber and motor mounts in a kit, ill have to fab the trans mount for the t56 or just go with a 4l60e depending on the deal(s) i find. my total budget with car included is 11k, so basically i have 7k to spend and i dont really se it costing much more than that

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    thank you for the find!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

thank you for the find!!
    youre welcome. figured it was semi local and nothing like getting one that is new. you probably can negotiate him down. looking forward to seeing the build and thank you for serving our country
    Last edited by 2001camaroSS; 04-12-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    youre welcome. figured it was semi local and nothing like getting one that is new. you probably can negotiate him down. looking forward to seeing the build and thank you for serving our country
    thank you for saying thanks, not many people do that anymore. i will try and negotiate with him is it a turn key?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Is this going to be a track only car? If so I'd go with the 4l60E. Autos at the track are getting hard to beat if they are built right.

In light of that, I'd actually go 350 or 400 turbo if it were to be a track car.

red
    01 Mustang w/Chevy 5.3L

I did the swap in my 01 Mustang. 5.3L w/4l60e.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by LSX01MUSTANG View Post
    I did the swap in my 01 Mustang. 5.3L w/4l60e.
    you had it at the track?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

ok now before you people start flaming away, lets please not let this site become like tech. i dont care to hear your opinions about crossbreeding, halfbreed, blasphemy, blah blah blah
    nah, we don't allow that crap here.

And not that I want to direct you away from our forum, but I believe the YellowBullet forum has a "LS swap into fox" section. I remember reading through a few pages of it

yellow
    2004 gto

whore some pix of the fing stang already.. i wanna see a built 6.0 in that bitch

Black
    1998 Trans Am

A guy i know did a stock block ls1 with PRC 5.3 stage 2.5 heads, MS3 cam, and edlebrock intake and went 11.1. With a more serious build im sure you could rocket down the track. Ive seen N/A BBC in 5.0's go 9 flat.

Thread Information