Metallic Blue
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Angry with a company.

I bought a nitrous kit from a company, it all seemed fine until I went to instal the product. Everything was hooked up per instructions using Teflon paste on pipe threads and such. Well, as I was test fitting I untapped the parts and snugged them down fairly well. When I went to remove the fitting from the nitrous solenoid it felt like it was in a bind. When I finally got it backed out the fitting threads were chewed up and it looked like there was metal in the threads is the solenoid and it looked as if the threads were flattened a bit. Long story short the company hasn't done anything to make it right. They tell me that the threads are fine and it passed specs, but at the same time my nitrous didn't seal and it had a leak because of it. I'm so angry and frustrated with them. All I asked them was to replace it by sending me a new one. I already sent the faulty one at my expense. The worst part is that I tried calling all day today and never talked to a live person. I left voice mails and I never received a call from them. But, yet they do have time to answere messages. I don't get it why they are too busy for the phone but not busy enough to send a message. Customer service is very poor in my opinion. I will never do business with them again. What I am about to do is ask for a full refund and if they won't do that, then it is my right to report my complaint to the better business bureau. I'm tired of this

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Are you sure it isn't your fault? Is is possible you crossthreaded or overtightened the fitting?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Does'nt nitrous kits come with compression type fittings?? In which case teflon tape should never be used for bottled gas anyways if the fittings used are the correct type.. I don't know no2 but I do know standardized fittings. Any male fitting with a tappered (orfice) end above the threads should NOT have tef tape..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-03-2010 at 06:43 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Are you sure it isn't your fault? Is is possible you crossthreaded or overtightened the fitting?
    This also..

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I agree...it's tough to just have flattened and chewed up threads without some cross threading.

Metallic Blue

It was the pipe threads not the AN side. Pipe threads are sealed on compression yes with the use of Teflon paste. I'm sure I didn't cross thread it but when I took it off the bottom had aluminum in the threads. I have 3 people that saw it. I guess I lost on this one I'll never buy from them again.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

sounds to me like you screwed up installing and now you want them to replace the part for free...

Metallic Blue

So can someone explain to me, is there a difference in the pipe threads for a fuel and nitrous solenoid? It doesn't make sense to me that a fitting would get mutilated just by taking it off. I know it has to seal 1000 psi but man! I would not try putting that fitting back on. How is the pipe thread from a nitrous solenoid different from a pipe thread of a fuel solenoid. I've worked around pipe threads quite a bit and this is the first I hear about a special type of pipe thread used on solenoids.

white
    2000 Z28

reverse threads so you know what fittings go where probably? like cutting torches, gas line never have the same fittings as oxygen line threadwise.

Metallic Blue

I used nitrous for nitrous and fuel for fuel it's not rocket science. I accept when I mess up and I can honestly tell you that I'm not just trying to get a part for free. I couldn't have overtightened it because it only went in about 2 turns fine, then it would seem to bind. I even had my performance shop try it because I wad afraid of something like that. I'm not the type to just thru and get free stuff, why go through the trouble? I'm just afraid it will get stuck open and blow my motor. I sent the solenoid back, and in order to get it back from them I have to pay them shipping so it looks like I lost on it. All I'm saying is that I'm not ordering from them I'll bite the bullet and just leave it at that. I know it's not my fault but I also don't like fighting for stuff so there!

Metallic Blue

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    reverse threads so you know what fittings go where probably? like cutting torches, gas line never have the same fittings as oxygen line threadwise.
    I agree but we are not talking about torches here. I do know where the fittings go and no these are not reverse thread.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_01_Z28 View Post
    I agree but we are not talking about torches here. I do know where the fittings go and no these are not reverse thread.
    fuel for a combustion system describes both scenarios simplified. but no need to get defensive, im just throwing out a possible scenario. since there are no pics of the pre-installation fittings and post-installation fittings, all we can do is speculate. im not saying your out to cheat any company you deal with. and no one has accused you thus far. im sure the other members want to know what the situation was so they can avoid the problem whether it is faulty equipment, or just a missed detail on the installers behalf.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    fuel for a combustion system describes both scenarios simplified. but no need to get defensive, im just throwing out a possible scenario. since there are no pics of the pre-installation fittings and post-installation fittings, all we can do is speculate. im not saying your out to cheat any company you deal with. and no one has accused you thus far. im sure the other members want to know what the situation was so they can avoid the problem whether it is faulty equipment, or just a missed detail on the installers behalf.
    second that, remember, all these posts go into the archives, so we can go in here ten years down the road and see what problems other people have had. And look for tips, too.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_01_Z28 View Post
    I couldn't have overtightened it because it only went in about 2 turns fine, then it would seem to bind. I even had my performance shop try it because I wad afraid of something like that.
    Thats the explanation I was looking for. If it was binding up bad after 2 turns, then there might have been something wrong with the part.
    I was gonna explain that pipe thread is tapered and when overtightened, it destroys the threads, but you said you are experienced with pipe thread so...now I'm on your side. Bummer for you.

Metallic Blue

I guess I should have explained a bit more when I tried to state the problem. Looks like I'm sol on it though. They said all their solenoids are the same and that there is only 1 and half thread of engagement and that I needed to put it on a vise and tighten until the leak stopped. I don't know about you guys but that didn't make sense to me. Forcing aluminum into a steel body.... Hmmmm I'm no stress analyst on materials but that didn't sound right to me. It's all good though I just maned up and bought some from a different vendor. It's kinda shitty how businesses run now days. They can tell you to go fly a kite and you can't do squat. Moral of this story even if it's new inspect parts before you install. We are only human make mistakes and machines do too. Just because it's new doesn't always mean it will work.

Thread Information