Thread: Amsoil flush

Awaiting Activation

Amsoil flush

Just recently bought Amsoil with the flush. I am not sure how to use it, do I poure the entire thing the first time? or do I pour a ceertain amount and then pour the rest with new oil change?

Post Engine Flush Directions

Amsoil can explain it better than I can. Here is a cut and past from Amsoil on how to use the engine flush:

1) FLUSH: To quickly clean residual sludge and engine deposits, AMSOIL Engine Flush is recommended: Change the oil filter and add the flush (about 10% of the oil capacity). Do not overfill the crankcase. Idle the engine 15 to 20 minutes, then immediately drain the old oil and flush.

*Note: Engine Flush is not recommended for use in transmissions, differentials, air-cooled engines, engines that share a common oil sump with the transmission (motorcycles & ATV's) or engine not equipped with an oil filter.

2) INSTALL: Remove the old oil filter and replace it with an AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter. Ea Oil Filters feature advanced full synthetic nanofiber technology, making them the highest efficiency filters that are available for the auto/light truck market.

3) POUR: Fill the engine's crankcase with the AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil of the viscosity grade recommended by your vehicle's manufacturer. AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oils are highly resistant to oxidation and provide exceptional detergent/dispersant properties, helping keep your engine free of further sludge and varnish build-up.

4) CHANGE: Replace your present air filter with an AMSOIL Ea Air Filter. AMSOIL Ea Air Filters represent a major breakthrough in filtration technology. The revolutionary nanofiber technology used in AMSOIL Ea Filters captures more dirt, holds more dirt and allows better air flow than conventional air filters. AMSOIL Ea Filters improve engine performance and help engines last longer.

A clean engine performs better and lasts longer. Clean your engine and keep it clean with quality AMSOIL products.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

CompSyn

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I used it before last oil change,....worked well

Bat Outta Hell

Black
    96 Z28Ttops, 98 Z28 Conv.

Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    Amsoil can explain it better than I can. Here is a cut and past from Amsoil on how to use the engine flush:

1) FLUSH: To quickly clean residual sludge and engine deposits, AMSOIL Engine Flush is recommended: Change the oil filter and add the flush (about 10% of the oil capacity). Do not overfill the crankcase. Idle the engine 15 to 20 minutes, then immediately drain the old oil and flush.

*Note: Engine Flush is not recommended for use in transmissions, differentials, air-cooled engines, engines that share a common oil sump with the transmission (motorcycles & ATV's) or engine not equipped with an oil filter.

2) INSTALL: Remove the old oil filter and replace it with an AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter. Ea Oil Filters feature advanced full synthetic nanofiber technology, making them the highest efficiency filters that are available for the auto/light truck market.

3) POUR: Fill the engine's crankcase with the AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil of the viscosity grade recommended by your vehicle's manufacturer. AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oils are highly resistant to oxidation and provide exceptional detergent/dispersant properties, helping keep your engine free of further sludge and varnish build-up.

4) CHANGE: Replace your present air filter with an AMSOIL Ea Air Filter. AMSOIL Ea Air Filters represent a major breakthrough in filtration technology. The revolutionary nanofiber technology used in AMSOIL Ea Filters captures more dirt, holds more dirt and allows better air flow than conventional air filters. AMSOIL Ea Filters improve engine performance and help engines last longer.

A clean engine performs better and lasts longer. Clean your engine and keep it clean with quality AMSOIL products.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

CompSyn

Is it really necessary to use the all the colors and links ( i know your a supporter, witch is aweseme)...but its annoying ahhhh

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by NightRiderZ View Post
    Is it really necessary to use the all the colors and links ( i know your a supporter, witch is aweseme)...but its annoying ahhhh
    i cant believe you just complained about that...............if it bothers you than dont read the post, fairly simple.....also its spelled "which" not "witch", unless you were refering to the broom stick flying lady, and "awesome" not "aweseme"........

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    i cant believe you just complained about that...............if it bothers you than dont read the post, fairly simple.....also its spelled "which" not "witch", unless you were refering to the broom stick flying lady, and "awesome" not "aweseme"........
    That’s quite alright. This forum is a place where all are free to express their opinions whether agreeable or not. Besides, a little constructive criticism never hurt anyone, right!

CompSyn

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well we have the written media here so often times a person may use various type set/colors or emoticons to emphasize various aspects of their post. It is normal and globally accepted. Never had anybody "complain".....oh well...first time for everything I guess.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by NightRiderZ View Post
    It may have ended u that color because its straight off the amsoil website

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    It may have ended u that color because its straight off the amsoil website
    Hey Tater check da date bud lol...

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Hey Tater check da date bud lol...