1999 Camaro SS #24
    98 Corvette-99 Camaro SS

All-Light Mod Stopped Working

I did the all-light mod a while back and it worked great for a while. Then the other day I happened to kick on my brights while parking and noticed my low-beams were off. The foglights still stay on but now the low-beams shut off. I checked both places I did wiring and everything seems fine. Any ideas? Thanks!
    -Will

'99 Camaro SS SLP#24 -- Not as Slow and Still As Pretty

dustinhickman
    how did you do this, i did it with a relay for the low beams beams and a seperate relay for the fog lights, using the high beam wire as the trigger wire for both. mine do that sometimes and i think that it is one of the relays sticking or not working correctly because after a little bit of driving all of the light will be on again.

hope that this helps
    dustin

I Think, Therefore Z-28 Corvettekid82's Avatar

Triple Black
    2001 Z-28 Vert

Had this happen once and I just resoldered the wires. Just a bad connection somewhere along the line. Heat and humidity will tear into it faster than you think :P

1999 Camaro SS #24
    98 Corvette-99 Camaro SS

Got it fixed same problem as Corvettekid82 just had to resolder one connection! Thanks for the pointers!!

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Could one of you guys clue me in on what to do to get all lights working?? I saw a post a few months back but now I can't find it. Any info would be great!

1999 Camaro SS #24
    98 Corvette-99 Camaro SS

Fog Lights: 1. Remove the trim ring around the radio and behind your fog light switch will be a green wire. Cut this wire so you have a pretty good amount on the switch side. Next ground it a screw (The bolt holding the radio in works nicely) This allows your fog light switch to stay on with the high beams on. 2. Under the hood you will want to locate the fog light relay. After you've found where it is lift the entire fuse box up out of it's mount. On the bottom side of the box match up where the fog light relay is. You will see the same green wire you were just working with. Once again cut it but leave a good amount on the fuse box side. More than likely you will have to splice some more wire into the green wire to get enough. Then find a good ground and run your wire to it. Put the fuse box back down and now your fog lights and fog light switch will stay on with your brights

Low Beams: I will have to get back to you on which wires they are as I'm writing this from memory and don't recall at the moment. Thanks!

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Good man! Thanks for the responce, I'll give it a wack tonight. That seams much easier than I was thinking. Yeah whenever you recall the low beam setup let me know.

Thanks again!

1999 Camaro SS #24
    98 Corvette-99 Camaro SS

Yeah I'll have to take a look tonight it's real easy as well all together shouldn't take you more than thirty minutes to an hour! I should have the info tomorrow sometime. Thanks!

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Sounds good. Thanks again.
    Borla XR-1 energy bushings UMI B&M Spohn suspension techniques eibach edelbroc K&N Richmond Eaton F.A.S.T FlashTuner NGK MSD SLP J&M - I owe it all to my mentor- my dad.

Bad habbit- Smoking Fords

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I need that info also on the all headlights on. It dives me crazy to have my low beams (HIDs) go off when I hit the high beams. It looks absolutely dark compared to my HID low beams.
    2001 SS - 430 RWHP 412 RWTQ
    6 spd, FIPK, Corsa exhaust, LS7 clutch, Dart Pro PP LS1 heads, custom 220/224 cam, Kooks LT's. Ported TB, Full suspension, C5 ZO6 brake upgrade.

Thread Information