minorthreat360

Question Air intake and gas mileage

i have a 96 firebird and im only getting 20 mpg with mainly highway driving, and thats never shifting past 3k. i have no mods at all on my car so i was thinking i should be getting at least 25 mpg. in the morning im getting a tune up and a wheel alignment.

now for the air intake, i heard if u get a intake system that it can help ur gas mileage by putting more air in ur engine. whats a good intake system thats not to costly and can help me save gas mileage.
    what else have u guys done to get better gas mileage?

dhughesz28
    I have a 98 Z stock and would also like to know an answer to this question. I was at the parts store the other day and saw a Tornado? intake insert. Are these anygood, is it worth the $60?

minorthreat360
    i heard they help with ur gas. the Tornado is nothing new though, mercedes been using something like this for about 5-7 years on there benz line up. thats where they got the tornado idea at, some im sure it works i also seem some thing about it on the speed channel.

Black
    2002 Camaro

I have used the Tornado unit on my 97 Silverado and can tell you first hand that it does work. I dont believe the power increases that they claim but I know for sure that my gas milage went up on average of about 28-32 miles per tank wich is about 1-1.2 MPG increase which is about a 8% increase over what I was getting. As for the air intake.... You should install some sort of cold air kit for the best increase in power, torque, and milage. I have never used one so I cant recomend one.... Sorry.

Thread Information