black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

AFR guage install.

Auto meter Pro Comp Ultra lite AFR guage

Instructions say red wire is to be connected to a fused and switched 12v positive source that is turned on and off with the ignition switch.

that said anybody have tips on what wire I should go with to hook that to?

black wire is to be connected to good engine ground
    so I am assuming I can just ground it anywhere as long as its a good ground.

[COLOR="black"]Violet wire connect to oxygen sensor signal wire. Connect to vehicle wiring harness, not to oxygen sensor since some oxygen sensors use shielded wire.[/COLOR]

I am as clueless as could be on that one, I have no clue which one of the mess of wires connected to the pcm would be the one I want to connect to I dont want to connect to the wrong one I dont have rear o2s anymore, I would really like to do this install myself and not have to pay someone to do it. Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Wheeler99WS6; 10-28-2006 at 01:40 PM. Reason: needed it

SOM
    '01 Camaro SS

I hate to break it to you, but that guage is nothing more than a glorrified light show without a wideband oxygen sesnsor. If you want to make it easier, check out some of the LS1 aftermarket sites (ls1speed, thunder racing, texas speed, etc.). One of them sells a connector that has the wire you need for hooking up an AFR guage. As for a switched 12v source, you could use the traction control power source if you have it. Should be a pink wire hooked up to the switch.

For a switched source the traction control pink wire behind the bezel will work, even if your car doesn't have it - or just extend the wire to the radio fuse (won't go off until the door is opened though). Any ground is good. Here's the 99 PCM pins - www.ls2.com/boggs/torques/99pinpcm.htm

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I need another wire......man this thing is junk I figured that is was but not till after I bought it, hell now I dont even know how to hook the stupid thing up.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

SSpdmon: I found the connector you were talking about on Ls1speed thanks. Hopefully that will do it, so I can get some kind of use out of the guage even though it wasnt exactly what I wanted, I was looking for a wideband that installs like any other guage and impulsively bought this guage, oh well.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Purchased the pigtail to make it easier for the signal wire connection should be in the mail tomorrow I was told. Got the a-pillar pod and gauge mounted but still not sure what to connect the positive wire to. There is a crap load of wires behind the steering wheel, I think I seen 3 different pink ones all together. Also I think I may need to extend the ground and signal wire after taking them into the engine bay there isnt much slack left. Any suggestions?
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

ok I bought some wire so I can extend the wires from the gauge and I finally figured out which wire to connect my power wire to on the TCS switch, also know where I am going to ground to. Now all I need is the pigtail so I can connect the signal wire to it, i am kinda glad I dont have to hunt for the signal wire, I honestly dont have a clue as to which one it is.

Thread Information